Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Bassman
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fast5366 ethernet cable limitation

Is there any way to overcome the ethernet cable limitation of 3m as recommended in Fetech setup manual. My modem is in the garage a long way away from the Fetch Mighty. The Fetch works with wifi but I would prefer to use the ethernet port available in the wall. Laptop works fine and smart TV works fine using the ethernet cable but the Fetch does not "see" anything????Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Fast5366 ethernet cable limitation

Don't know why the fetch manual would recommend only 3m cable as ethernet cables are rated at 100m. So either you have a faulty cable, or your fetch ethernet settings are not correct.
0 Kudos
George_YC

Hey @Bassman, it may sound like you have a faulty cable or some incorrect settings like @YetAnotherAcc mentioned. We recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Bassman
New Contributor
New Contributor

🙂

0 Kudos
Bassman
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi "YetAnotherAcc " Page 2 of the Fetch Quick Start Guide clearly states "Recommend if your modem's within 3 metres of your TV". Also as stated I have used the same ethernet cable successfully with my smart TV and my laptop. Maybe I have to manually set the settings, do you know what settings I have to look at please?

0 Kudos
George_YC

I would suggest trying a soft / hard rest of your Fetch box to see if that does anything. More info on our to do this on our How to reset your Fetch box support page.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Bassman wrote:

Page 2 of the Fetch Quick Start Guide clearly states "Recommend if your modem's within 3 metres of your TV". 

Its still a nonsense arbitrary length recommendation.

Maybe I have to manually set the settings

You shouldn't have to enter manual setting. Just re-do the network setup for the wired network and accept whatever it recommends for automatic configuration. I don't have a Fetch, so I don't know the specifics.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors