cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

FTTP getting max 0.04 upload speed

I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem and if they found a way to solve it.
We have FTTP and are on a 50/20 plan. Download is fine, getting an average of 45, but upload is always 0 or at highest 0.04. 

The issue has been happening for two weeks now. We can browse the internet but it drops out frequently when we need to upload data to websites since well, there is no upload 😑We recently got the Sagemcom F@st 5366 TN 

- I've connected my laptop using an ethernet directly to the nbn box to check if fault modem, and still 0 upload speed
- Already hard reset the modem with a pin and nbn NTD box on the wall
- Checked all cables, no damage
- Bills are up to date!

We're still talking to Optus support and there has been no resolution. Nbn has cancelled the tech appointment twice because the tests on their end probably shows that we have internet?! 

Optus keep saying that it's a network fault and it's been resolved but it hasn't. If there was a network fault, wouldn't the download be affected as well? Do you think there is a kink in the fibre?? 

Hopefully, someone has dealt with something similar 😞 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: FTTP getting max 0.04 upload speed

Something is busted (There's no 'bad' service via FTTP unless something is busted). The only question is what. Its Optus responsibility to get the service working correctly. Based on what the NBN are saying the connection up to your NBN box is working.

Unplug your Optus modem from the NBN box and just plug a PC directly in to the NBN Box. Reboot and run a speed test. See what you get.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yeah, something is 100% busted! Already tried that 😞

Still crappy speeds, it's only 0 - 0.04 even when connected directly to the nbn box using an ethernet cable.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

All you can do is get Optus to test the line.

Do they confirm the speeds you are getting? Have they said yes, your upload speeds are under 1 Mbps? If so then its up to them to insist a NBNCo tech comes out or to fix their configuration.

Regardless I would be making a formal complaint next (get a complaint number) and then to the TIO to get it resolved. Or just tell Optus you're leaving.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Will definitely look into lodging a TIO complaint. They have taken so long to get back to me, and haven't even bothered to call me even though they promised they would.

Keep getting told a case manager will ring at different times, but they haven't.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus are not good in the "I'll call you back" department it appears (despite often promising to for some reason). IME treat any contact as your one shot. If you don't get it resolved at that point then chances are you will need to be following up again later.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors