Searching...
Accepted Solution

FTTP (NBNCo) or Wireless NBN (Optus

dshutchi

Hi team,

looking at buying a house.

Owner says NBN is FTTP but they have not connected.

The FTTP box on the outside of the premise is there. There is no NBN device

NBNCo says house is ready to connect FTTP.

Telstra says the house is ready to connect FTTP

OPTUS says ready to connect NBN wireless!!!!!

Have chatted to optus and the operator confirmed the NBN wireless was the ONLY option. When I said Telstra could connect FTTP he/she basically said "well goodbye then"!

How can that be? How can NBNCo think its FTTP and Optus think its Wireless?

Anyone shed any light on this?

If we go ahead with the purchase, how do I convince Optus it really is FTTP?

Thanks,

Dave

Re: FTTP (NBNCo) or Wireless NBN (Optus

Davelew

Hi

What does it say when you check the address on the NBN website:

http//www.nbnco.com.au/learn/speed/get-more-out-of-your-internet-experience

If that confirms the connection you can order NBN from Optus online.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

dshutchi

Thanks - says it can't find the stree address.Then gives me an option to check the LOT number. When I out in the correct lot number it says FTTP ready to connect (hence the original post). HOWEVER Optus says wireless only. Sigh

Davelew

I would go onto the Optus website to order the NBN and do the house check there. If that says the house is ready you can complete the order online.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Solution

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

There is only one option to connect to a house via NBN. It will be decided by NBN. Optus just order a connection they don't specify a type of technology.

FWIW Wireless and FTTP NBN are never next to each other. Try a few addresses in the street. What do they return.

Try a different RSP to see what they say.

Peter Gillespie

PS If FTTP equipment is already at the house is likely FTTP

Highlighted

dshutchi

Looks like the street has FTTP and just Optus has out dated info on the house I'm interested in.

Thanks for the help!

Ray_YC

Hi there dshutchi,

If you do end up placing a NBN order and there is an issue as per what you described, please let me/us know here and I'll be happy to have someone at Optus look into it.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
105 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
14 Kudos
13 Kudos