cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Jchin
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

FTTP NBN box activated but no internet access

Optus activated my relocation request on 28th May but there is still no internet access (no green light) from NBN FTTP box. 

I was using Optus NBN modem connected to Optus Sagecom router before moving into my new house which is fitted with NBN FTTP box. Optus updated me that my relocation activation had completed and found no error with the line and they escalated to NBN.

On 29th May, NBN told Optus to get me email required proof of address documents to NBNco as NBN said connection not activated due to no proof of occupancy. Then I followed up 1st June and was told the feedback from NBN was "The last references left on NBN co; We have conducted testing and the results have proven successful within the nbn network. The service is online with the Network Termination Device (NTD) in sync and the Loopback test was successful proving 2 way data flow within the nbn network. However, we are not detecting any Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) connected. 

Then i turned it on connected to UNI-D-1 but still no green lights. 3 hours later, I followed up with Optus and was told NBN moved the port to UNI-D-2, tested again according to intructions, still no green light on the UNI-D-2 port.

Now Optus told me waiting for NBN update.

What a disappointment.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: FTTP NBN box activated but no internet access

Don't know how a relocated serves installation is different from a regular installation, but for a regular installation you must plug in the Optus modem initially to activate the service. Have you plugged in an Optus modem into the UNI-D1/2 port?

By the way you have described it, it looks like you have not plugged anything into the UNI-D1/2 port at all. See info about lights here.

0 Kudos
CameraMan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: FTTP NBN box activated but no internet access

Check if Optus has activated your NBN plan, or if the cable that connects nbn to the box has been placed properly (or has been placed at all)

0 Kudos
Top Contributors