cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Bushwick
New Contributor

FTTN Sync speed cut by 1/3

Hi, had VDSL 2 installed.

Had stability issues.

Was syncing at ~62000 kbps.

Somebody from Optus faults called and tried to convince me that I could (According to NBN co) only achieve 46 MBPS and that I should go on a 50 MBPS plan with optus.

1. I'm not sure Optus even prices such a plan.

2.Straight after the phone call my modem rebooted - Syncing at~ 41000 kbps.

3. I directly told the Faults team guy what speeds I was seeing and not to change the speed profile, he said Ok "I'll call you back in 48 hrs to check" - still waiting.

4. Every time I get on to Optus technical support/chat I get disconnected from someone performing a "line test" or a "port reset", even when I inform them what will probably happen (They are unable to call me back or offer anything else in the way of a ticket number etc)

- Nobody will connect me to the faults team and nobody will tell me what was done to remove 1/3 of my linespeed.

If anyone from optus is reading this or if anyone is prepared to speculate what Optus did to my connection I'm all ears.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Moderator Casey_

Re: FTTN Sync speed cut by 1/3

Hey @Bushwick, If you're able to send us a PM with your account details, full name and DOB we can organise a call back for you to discuss in detail. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors