Searching...

F@ST3864V3AC : Cannot Setup Static IP Address

bngonzales77

When adding entries, the screen just blank, no option to add.  below is the details of my router.

oard ID:F@ST3864V3AC
Symmetric CPU Threads:2
HardWare Version:253712055-C
Serial Number:N7173504M000599
Mac Address:d8:d7:75:36:77:65
Build Timestamp:180514_1539
Software Version:10.52.1_F@ST3864V3AC_Optus
Bootloader (CFE) Version:10.33
DSL PHY and Driver Version:A2pv6F039x6.d26r
Wireless Driver Version:1.366 RC5.0
Voice Service Version:Voice
Uptime:3D 11H 1M 34S
ConfigId:F3864V3AC_Optus_5.conf 

Re: F@ST3864V3AC : Cannot Setup Static IP Address

petergdownload

Optus don't provide the option to have a static IP address to residential customers.

Are you talking about an external WAn static address or just setting your internal devices to specific static IP addresses?

Peter Gillespie

SillyGogo

@bngonzales77

are you trying to setup a static address for your internal devices, like reserving an address for your NAS etc or have a static public ip address? 

If it is the internal one, then try to reset you modem a few time. I remembed that my static ip address failed and i thought i was going crazy. After a few reeets, I am able to reserve static ip address for my internal devices, however, can only do it for 5 devices. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

gaza1963

That doesn't seem to be right! you should be able to set internal static IP for devices from the correct page not reset and hope>

SillyGogo

You are right, you should be able to use the functions, assigned static etc, as it is. However, I am not sure what happend to my modem, could be a reset needed after firmware update or something was stuck. What I did is by chance and frustration was reset the modem a few times and everything is working as it should. After those reset I can assign static ip address to my devices, without needing to do any further resetting. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

gaza1963

I have the same problem( not resolved) but I also have WIFI issues with that modem. Optus is going to replace it and I hope all the functions work on the new modem.

SillyGogo

Yup, I had WiFi connection drop out issue with the same modem. Few resets fixed that too. 

bharris

Hi Peter,

It seems as if they do provide this as an option to residential customers but it’s a pan the the a#%^&.

so, a little about my situation.

the other day whilst talking to an Optus representitave we concluded that instead of paying PureVPN for a ststaic IP address for me Dell R710 server that it would be easier to have a static IP from my ISP "Optus".

This is where everything went wrong.

As we know first of all the Optus modems are locked down and I need my server 2016 Datacenter to run DHCP as it handles mutipule scopes. So, I ended up using my own modem TD-W9970 that's VDSL campatible that connects to my Dell PowerConnet 3548p.

So, I have tried my hardest to tell the Optus representitaves that the DHCP authentication obvusly doesnt use the same way to authenticate via IPoe. DORA-(Discover, Offer, Recieve, Aknowledge); After the change over to a static IP my internet stopped working, my DSL light is solid green showing that it has discovered me to Optus's radius server but I haven't recieved  any hand shake from my modem.

I advised to Optus staff that I need to have a static IP address so that I can connect my IIS within my ESXI VM environment as I wont be able to set the DNS lookup zones properly without it.

So now my case has been esculated and hope that an Optus advisor will be able to give e the modem settings that are required for the static IP address.

petergdownload

Hi @bharris,

Thanks for the information. I'd have to conclude though that the jury is still out on whether residential custoemrs can get a static IP address at Optus (seeing as how you don't have one working yet). IME Optus staff can sometimes offer ddeals or services that only later in the process are you told that can't actually be done. Fingers crossed this isn't the case here.

Are you paying extra for your static IP address? 

I've always wondered why a massive Telco like Optus can't offer static IP addresses. From what you suggest there may be a techncal reason behind their reluctance. For information another Telco is moving fast to ipv6 as the market for ipv4 static addresses is getting expensive.

Peter Gillespie

bharris

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I hope they can work it out. 

They said it’s an extra $15 per month for a static IP.

yes they are getting expensive.

back in the day when I worked at Internode they gave ipv4 addresses included with their service. 

Things have hanged in the years. 

Regards,

Brendab 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
28 Kudos
27 Kudos
26 Kudos
17 Kudos