Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
jjt74
New Contributor
New Contributor

F@ST 5366 LTE SMB2 Support for USB file sharing

I have recently upgraded my modem to a Sagemcom 5366 LTE, and I'm interested in attaching a USB HDD to it and using the file sharing capabilities.  It seems, however, that the modem only supports SMB1 which is disabled in Windows 10, which means that you are unable to open the hdd as a shared folder, e.g. \\192.168.0.1\my_hdd etc...

To get around this you could enable SMB1 on your pc, but I really don't want to be doing that.  Moreover, anyone using a work pc probably isn't going to be able to do that anyway due to corporate security restrictions.

So the question is, does anyone know if Optus/Sagemcom have SMB2 support on the roadmap for this modem?  Without it, the vast majority of people (windows users) won't be able to take advantage of the file sharing option of the modem.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: F@ST 5366 LTE SMB2 Support for USB file sharing

If you do enable the SMB1 client make sure you do not accidentally enable the SMB1 server.
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@jjt74 wrote:

So the question is, does anyone know if Optus/Sagemcom have SMB2 support on the roadmap for this modem?

It should currently be at least 2.0.2 as that's what my F@ST 5366 TN shows, and the LTE is a newer version of the TN.

I've previously tested an NTFS formatted 4TB WD Passport via SMB and it seemed to work just fine.

0 Kudos
jjt74
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

Where would I find the supported SMB version on the modem?  There was nothing obvious in the menu.

0 Kudos
jjt74
New Contributor
New Contributor

@AndS I won't be enabling SMB1, it isn't secure.  That's my point, I need to get the modem to use SMB2.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@jjt74 wrote:

Where would I find the supported SMB version on the modem?  There was nothing obvious in the menu.

You can't from the modem you have to use the Get-SmbConnection command from the windows powershell.

Sorry, but the version number I gave before is incorrect. Its actually v1.5 . I had multiple SMB devices connected at the time but the device connected to the 5366 was not accessed recently and therefor was not "active" at the time so Get-SmbConnection only showed me the version number of the active device which was not the 5366.

0 Kudos