cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Extremely slow page loading

Howdy all,

Just of late, my speeds for loading a page, whether it be say msn, any google search and even optus webmail/optus crowd etc have been extremely slow.

I'm talking, click a page and I'm waiting anywhere between 30 seconds to a minute and to the degree longer and I close the page to try again.

I have unplugged the optus modem and completed a full system scan as well clearing cache/cookies etc.

It has become extremely annoying to the effect I'm writing this.

Nothing has been downloaded of any concenern that cause this nor any software etc added.

I did a speed test and results were:

ping: 4ms

D/l: 23.73mbps

U/l: 4.83 mbps

They seem ok, but loading is crap.

Has anyone any suggestions that I could also try to 'fasten' things back up.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Extremely slow page loading

Hmm you definitely shouldn't be having any issues with those speeds. My only advice would be to speak with Tech Support and raise a case for investigation. They can have our network engineers double check the line for any other issues outside of your download speeds.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Extremely slow page loading

I wouldnt bother trying TechSupport - first they will tell you Optus is undergoing maintenance and to try again later. This is designed to get rid of you with the hope someone else will get your later more angry contact. Then they will tell you everything is OK from their end and it must be your PC, laptop or whatever and to contact their tech support. They next tell you your browser is at fault. When you insist that every other webpage is loading extremely fast next they tell you to take you device into one of their stores. All of this seems to be done just to get rid of you asap. My Optus NBN internet speed is 46.1 down and 18.6 up and it is still incapable of loading their webpage. Give up and try Outlook or some other web mail account but dont waste your time and emotional stability expecting any help from their chat line.

0 Kudos