Searching...

Re: Extremely slow download but very fast upload

PDB1957

Same problem in Craigieburn

$200 per month for useless NBN and Mobile service

Is anybody interested in a class action againts Optus ???

JustinB

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow speeds @PDB1957. Am I able to please get you to run a speed test through this link and post back the results?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

dropbear

Similar situation here: off  Maitland Vale Road wireless tower at Bolwarra Heights NSW.

Plan is 50/20.

Download speed at 6.50 pm yesterday at 10.9 Mbps and upload at 12.5.

At 8.40pm last night,  download at 7.89 and upload at 13.89. A few minutes later 1.10 download speed.

Working environment prejudiced and Fetch TV is useless at these speeds.

Simply and substantially rediculous Optus.

Miggy

@PDB1957 I'd be interested for sure. Need to get anyone else interested to put their names to it and find a lawyer. Every single person on here gets put through the same nonsense customer service routine when this is seems to be an Optus wide problem of under providing bandwidth. And you're right, they will still demand payment each month for a service they are not providing.

[ Edited ]
Miggy

@dropbear I'm in the exact same situation. Fetch will work well enough during the day for the wife and kids, but around 12-3 we can only run one device, which gets progressively unusable as well until midnight. 

I had a representative from Optus tell me that it is a network issue which should be simple enough to fix by purchasing more bandwidth from NBN Co. but he said that decision was with network operations and no time frame could be given.

Jax_K

@dropbear, I'll be happy to look into this for you if you could please send through a PM with your account number and date of birth? Thank you.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

dropbear

Thank you Jax_K. How do I send a PM to you please?

Serena

If you click on your profile and go to the inbox section, you just type in a moderators name and sent a message Smiley Happy 

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!

Highlighted

oceans

Same problem in Strathfield NSW 2135

Issue can last for up to 12 months since this is an on/off issue in my area with "Optus/NBN on the case for the last 12 months" 

The issue is that I find that if the speed gets slow enough then you lose your phone line and you can't tell if you're phone line is not working unless you check for the dial tone frequently or if someone calls you saying that your phone line is engaged or not ringing for the past few days.

Pity that RSPs are not forced to report their congestoin and peak download speeds. I'd def recommend people to search forums such as this one or Whirlpool before joining an RSP that has a long contract.

On another note I have been in contact with Skymesh , another RSP, which has said that they can activate the other NBN Terminal Device and do a trial on their service to see if their service has any congestion issue. From what I undestood was that it would not cost money or you just pay for one month and then they disconnect. Maybe just pick the speeds you want and then pick the lowest data plan. They have 100/100 for some ares which maybe useful for businesses with high demand requirements.

WENYE

You guys are not alone. My plan is 100/40 and here is what I got:

Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 21.08.05.png

Just want to share my experiences of using Optus,

I started to use Optus NBN two and half years ago with the same plan 100/40 and have experienced the same situation in the early month. Here is what I got from the speed test at that time: 

Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 9.18.41 pm.png

I have spoken to the tech team, NBN co couple times a week, followed every instruction that they told, tried every possible way, but nothing was useful. This situation has lasted for more than a month. But when I was getting hopeless, my internet just getting normal suddenly and performed well for the following two years. 

This year, I started a new contract with Optus and facing the same situation. Is that just another ridiculous loop? 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
89 Kudos
54 Kudos
28 Kudos
20 Kudos
19 Kudos