Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Johnism
New Contributor
New Contributor

Extremely High Ping since late August for Optus NBN service

It has been several days that my NBN service suffering extremely high ping when online gaming. I play game on an oversea server, and it was OK before this week with about 100 to 200 ping, but was suddenly becoming really lag and get ping about 300 to 800 this week. I called the support team and reset the modem once, but it seems not work to reduce the  ping. When I do the speed test, the data was quite amazing, however it doesn't reflect the true situation that I have. Is there any explaination to the problem that I have? it's really annoying.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Plonker
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Extremely High Ping since late August for Optus NBN service

Suspect you're most likely suffering the same congestion issues in peak hour that many of us are. And when I say peak hour, I'm talking times that aren't between midnight at 7am, as my ping is pretty much ruined during all waking hours. I've been beating the drum pretty hard in this thread below, trying to get something done about it:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/Gaming-unplayable-Optus-NBN/m-p/303422

I've been contacted by a couple of case management staff who have advised it's been flicked to the network team for investigation. As mention by the technical staff I spoke to last, it's basically a shortage in available bandwidth and the only solution is for Optus to purchase more. I've been left with the impression from my conversations with Optus that this does happen, however there's been no commitment to when (or if) this will happen. My ticket was only assigned to the Network team late last week, so I've still got my fingers crossed that something will be done to rectify this.

Not sure what you can do, except maybe capture some data (pings, tracerts, different times of the day, etc) and add it to the ongoing thread, the more people we can show that have the issue, hopefully the more chance we have of it getting resolved.

Cheers.

0 Kudos