Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Hoalu
New Contributor
New Contributor

Extra charge

I recently recived my bill. I am very shock.
I have been with optus over 10 years.
U have an extra charge of $252 with no explanations at all.
This is what I have
2 x $35 SIM plan.
1 x $75Home NBN
that a total of $145.
How did i get $399?
I recived this bill late at night. Am very frustrated.
Please explain.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Joeblogs
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Extra charge

Hi Hoalu, I would say the $252 is for the modem. Have you just started with an NBN plan. You will find the modem costs you nothing if you stay with optus for 3 yrs.
0 Kudos
Sarah_YC

Hi @Hoalu,
I’m afraid we're unable to assist here on this public forum as we don't have access to customer accounts.
We recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
AndrewC1
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@HoaluIf you look at the following page you will see a charge of $252 for the modem:

https://www.optus.com.au/broadband-nbn/home-broadband/plans/shop

Check the paperwork or email you received from Optus when you signed up for NBN to see if this is the plan you agreed to and if not then lookup the appropriate plan to see what charges are applicable for the plan.

Ness_YC

Spot on @AndrewC1.

My apologies for any frustration caused, @Hoalu. If you have signed up to the $75 NBN Internet Everyday plan, the modem will cost $252. However, as specified in the Critical Information Summary (CIS) of this plan, Optus will cover the cost of the modem if you remain connected for 36 months (i.e. $7/mth over 36 months). If you cancel your plan within 36 months, you will pay the remaining modem cost that Optus was going to cover. 

If you have any other questions or concerns, we would love to continue this conversation with you. But, for privacy reasons, we kindly ask you to reach out to us via our 24/7 Messaging Service via the My Optus App or via Private Message us through our Official Optus Facebook or Twitter pages. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Hoalu
New Contributor
New Contributor

My NBN connection have had issues from the beginning.
1- moving to a new home. Purchase $75 NBN 1 week before.
2- got modem. Plans activated. Modem not communicating with NBN router.
3- spoken to an NBN champion. On and off for about 3 days.
4- After 4 days. Optus realized they sended the wrong modem. Optus send a cable modem instead of an NBN modem sagemcom 5366TN.
5- Very frustrated at this time. We are in a LOCKDOWN. And I have no access to internet.
6- Optus rush me a compatible modem.
7- now you guys decided to charge me for that modem.
8- called Optus ."we apologies sir will get this fix within 24hrs."
9- 30hrs later no fix. No change.
10- I am beginning to give up.
0 Kudos
AndrewC1
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@HoaluI suggest you make a formal complaint via the optus web site as it has not been fixed within the time frame that optus said it would be fixed in.

Next time I would also advise not posting only a bit of the info as it does not help anyone as you already knew what the amount was as it's item 7 and was not reversed out.

Hoalu
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Extra charge ---UPDATE!!

After making another call to Optus promised it will be fix. Same old we apologies. Waited 24hrs. NO FIX.
Chat online again. Again apologies and was promised that a supervisor will fix everything.
NO FIX!!.
Optus clearly have no communication between chat and operator.
Optus clearly cant follow up with issue and ACTION THEM.
U GUVE UP. I WILL PAY MY BILL with the $252 overcharged.
A formal complaint.
Then ACCC.

nightmare.
Thanks Optus for one of the most disappointing experience
0 Kudos
Rob_YC

Re: Extra charge ---UPDATE!!

Hey @Hoalu. Not great to hear about the issues you're having with that billing. We can take a look at this on our end and confirm what's going on. Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd, please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook or Twitter page for further assistance. 

0 Kudos