Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Everyone with Slow NBN Read this before moving forward

Well Said same problem in exact same way here ...100/40 plan ....2.7/10 result ....mrs rang optus today and it played out like a broken record

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks guys, I understand the theories behind throughput, and how to understand where the bottlenecks are. I actually design data center solutions for customers with networking being a component. Generally 10GB switches with dark fibre links between sites. I was only asking because with ADSL, they used to do line tests to tell you how far from the exchange you were which was more or less the only contributing factor. My speeds then didn't vary much more than 3 or 4mb/s no matter what time of day it was. 

When you google 'June 2017 CVC Dimension Based Discount' which is what somebody else sent me on a separate thread, it actually starts to make sense. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Well, spoke with Adam from the credit case management and he told me that they not going to refund anything for me. But most interesting part was when he said that they not promised to provide the speed according a plan and there are many possible explanations of that. Be aware that OPTUS IS NOT GUARANTEE AND NOT PROMISE YOU ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR NBN SPEED. Why they created some plans then if they providing just whatever they can 🙂 I ask him what's the point of not doing refund but paying 300$ to TIO and have a record with them, no answer. You agreed to pay 200$ to be with optus 🙂 

NBN with OPTUS: "Your speed will be bad, we know that, we knew that it will be like that before you even contact with us, but we don't care, we just want your money and after u just opt out in silence". ACCC states: " their advertised broadband speeds represent those actually achievable by consumers, and not just theoretical maximums". If it's not achievable from 5pm to 1am is it theoretical maximums? 

Keep going Optus, just another complaint to TIO and ACCC on its way. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Shae nice that you've made that offer, but personally, I've been waiting quite some time for moderators (presumaby Optus employees) Miles_R and Serena  to respond to my complaints.

What makes you believe you alone will be able to resolve the thousands of complaints about Optus CVC congestion issues?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Same issue for me, my NBN 1-3MB in the evenings cannot use optus entertainment pack, EPL and netflix. 

Have written to optus email and writing no response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck with that. Optus email and phone responses are so heavily scripted to turn complaints off and never offer resolutions.

Keep posting your updates here, but use the TIO and ACCC Complaint path to support all the thousands of disgruntled Optus customers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I went into the store today to cancel my connection and was told by the customer service rep that she also lives in my area and that the cabinets need to be updated. I replied "hang on, NBN in this area has been available for two weeks, why do they already need upgrading?". At that point she handed me a phone and put me onto customer care.

Long story short, as others have stated they tried to offer me the 100mb/s plan to keep me quiet. When I declined stating that it will not solve anything we both got agitated. Eventually I was offered $497 to cancel the service - I declined. they stated "you signed a contract, you have to expect to pay something". My response was "I signed a contract for a level of service that I am not receiving, therefore I will raise my complaint with the TIO". They then got serious and told me they will escalate further and should expect a call within 24-48 hours.

I will provide an update once I know more. On a side note looking at alternate providers, I spoke to an ex Optus Broadband employee who said that they should honour a cancellation based on not honouring service conditions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, don't hold your breath waiting for that promised call, you'll go blue.

Read the early posts on this thread and the many other threads with similar topics and you'll see that Optus wouldn't give a twig about customer service, professional communication, nor delivering on contracted obligations.

Just go straight to the TIO & ACCC Complaints portals.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I did contemplate that, however I decided to do things by the book so I don't get stung later.

I actually did get a call tonight, 5 hours later stating that it could take 5 days for my case to be reviewed. After day 6, I will contact the TIO and ACCC. I found two articles on the ACCC website relating to our rights with regards to cancellation of services.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck @mackov83 ...

Optus does very little "by the book" except training their agents in how to read fob off scripts in an attempt to defer complaints.

0 Kudos