cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Everyone with Slow NBN Read this before moving forward

@Serena thanks for the hurry up to respond to Miles, which I now have on my other post.

As I work 12-16 hour days my responses may be slower than we wish, but at least I do respond. Unlike Optus who promised to call me back after 3 days following lodging a formal complaint, which surprisingly has not occured. But then again, the day is not out yet 😊

Regards

GK

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@Serena thanks for your comments that say "We do pass on lots of feedback and reports back to our network teams. If there is known issue with regards to peak times slow in your area it is reported back to the relevant teams who then start planning on when this can be alleviated."

In every technology business I've been involved in for over 40 years, they conduct Capacity Planning to predict when an expected event may require allocation of additional resources.

Does your response imply that Optus don't know in which service areas their NBN orders are being placed, at which promised speeds, over which delivery technology (FTTP, FTTN, FTTB, Fixed Wireless) with allowance for PEAK usage periods?

What the complaints about Optus peak NBN services indicate is they have not practiced what any professional in a technology industry would regard as Capacity Planning. Nor do es Optus freely offer an estimated time to resolution for most complaints. 

Does Optus realise how unprofessional this whole beacle is?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I couldn't agree with you more there.

Optus have had complaints from August 2016, it's March 2017 and the voices have just become more vocal now.

June the 1st is coming, imagine if we still don't have resolution after June the 1st.

Can't optus just fork out a little more money for the next couple of months to purchase more bandwidth from NBN.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@GKarklins

I dont think optus give a hoot to be honest.  I was once a Major incident manager for optus/singtel accounts and they do have propper itil process in place.  This is all about money and market share .. They will sign up 10 people .. 5 will complain, 2 very loudly and they are shown the door.   OPTUS now even flaunt the TIO  (still wating on my contact that was ment to occur by 14th Mar)  but in the meantime services get worse whilst Optus keep going signing up more customers they cant provide service too 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I'm not convinced June will make a huge difference.  I think you'll still see peak time speeds drop to, say, 6-8Mbps.  That will keep most people's Netflix, Stan, etc working (possibly not Fetch which seems to be more picky).

I've seen an improvement from 3-4Mbps to around 6-8Mbps during peak times.  6-8Mbps will be the norm for peak.

Anyway, good luck people.  I'm waiting for my new service provider to set me up and I'm waving goodbye to Optarse.  All my mobiles have ported over already.  I don't even care if the congestion is still there with the new provider - I just want a provider whose support people aren't programmed to fob you off - when I need to ring up, I have a genuine problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

OK, so my first evening peak without Optarse... Didn't get below 45Mbps.

10:30pm, when it would be maybe 8Mbps....

speeds.PNG

Make the right choice!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@Serena you may like to know that I haven't heard back from @Miles_R but it gets worse...

Apologies for the duplicate post from my other thread titled Slow NBN Speeds but people need to know this happens...

Not only didn't I hear back from @@Miles_R, or the Optus Supervisor who promised a call back by 21 March re my formal Complaint,.... but my wife, who uses the mobile registered on my account, received a phone call from Optus to confirm we are getting slow speeds.

Here's the rub... Optus did NOT call me on the mobile number registered as the contact number for my Account. No big deal? OH YES IT IS...!!!

1) My wife has NO AUTHORITY TO ACT ON MY ACCOUNT.

2) The Optus Agent made NO attempt to verify the  IDENTITY of who they were speaking with, nor to verify if they were the Account Owner or an Authorised party for my Account.

3) Optus spoke with and communicated re my Account WITH AN UNAUTHORISED PERSON WHO DID NOT HAVE INTIMATE KNOWLEDGE OF MY COMPLAINTS WITH OPTUS. 

4) THEREFORE OPTUS ARE IN BREACH OF THE PRIVACY ACT AND THEIR OWN PROCEDURES FOR VALIDATING THEY ARE SPEAKING WITH THE ACCOUNT HOLDER.

Now I have three complaints to lodge with the TIO & ACCC 

- Not delivering on contracted NBN FTTP speeds

- Breach of Privacy Act

- Breach of Optus procedures for verifying communications occur with only the Authorised Account Holder.

Is this going to get any worse?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello people,

I have been with Optus for 2 months now, and already had enough headaches.

I just want to confirm if such peak time speed reduction could happen even for who has FTTP, which is my case. I don't want to get in contact with them anymore as it is really a pain.

If you confirm that the peak time slowness affects everyone irrespective of connection type, I will file a complaint with TIO right away. I still have 2 years contract ahead and I'm not willing to get pissed off every night with bad connection quality.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@PauloFelipe

I have a FTTP connection at my house and it doesn't make any difference whatsoever.  The problem is at the CVC where Optus isn't purchasing enough bandwidth to accomodate that period of the day.  Tuesday night at around 8:08pm my connection speed was a paltry 1.5 to 2.3Mbps and I'm on a 100/40 plan.  Twenty minutes prior to this time I was getting 37.8Mbps which still isn't acceptable in my opinion.  Prior to the MTM version of NBN turned on to the masses in my local area it was fine.  I have a friend in the next suburb who is on the VSDL version of NBN and they suffer the same issue.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I also posted about this the other day as a customer of just over a week... https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/NBN-Network-Upgrades/m-p/203807#M40896/jump-to/...

Looks like I will be raising a complaint as well!!

Top Contributors