cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Everyone with Slow NBN Read this before moving forward

@TezzaP

Thank you. This time they upgraded the speed boost pack without extra cost. It was in their previous attempt trying to charge me another 10$ to test a bit higher speed pack.

So, what's a solution for this NBN disaster with Optus or another ISP?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Many thanks I have exactly the same issue and will do as you say

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Yulia

With regard to moving forward it will have to be a carefully thought out decision .. Optus has some good plans but when you cant use them whats the point.    I understand that optus is under pressure and the cost of cvc changes is masive but Optus do sell this bandwith to end users so its ultimately their issue.

I personally dont believe changes will occur until 1jun when pricing changes dramaticily and i think optus will apply more bandwidth.  I believe all optus are doing now is juggling customers around different cvc's in the areas to try and manage.   They seem to be very quick to let the people that complain go and this frees up bandwith for someone else that doesnt complain.  This is why I made a complaint to ACCC about bad business practice, because it is. 

Personlly i have got a second ISP connected on my second NBN port only because i really need the bandwith.   I havnt disconnected optus yet because i am bundled with mobiles, tablets and fetch tv.   I dont see why I should be penalised financially by this companies bad business practice.  

If you can afford it i would attempt to get another RSP connection but be aware Telstra have similar issues.   I would urge you to look through whirlpool dot net at the forums there to see what the complaints are for different companies ..   I moved to Nuskope and i am very happy with their service thus far

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@TezzaP 

I will also make a complaint to The ACCC and the TIO, people power, mabe one day they will do something about it other than writing reports.

I have spoken to the Retention Team at Optus (Protibha was the name of the agent), and you are right about that, they are happy to let customers who complain, go, not even the usual "we apologise" or "we are sorry about this" or any talk of getting a credit on the bill, just "if you are not happy with the service, you can end your contract whitout penalties". Basically, we don't care if you have been a good customer for more than10 years, just piss off, there's  plenty of other people to replace you and by the time they start complaining, we will have taken their money as well ! .... NEXT !

I have also called another branch of Optus ( Spoke to Mercy) and she said she was going to escalate (Hahahahaha) and that a supervisor would call me within 24H (another Hahahahaha), when I said to her that they never call back, she said "yes I assure you that she will call you within 24H", that was on the 14th of March, today is the 19th and of course .... as you guessed, NO CALL ! She even gave me the name of the ghost supervisor supposed to call me when I asked her ...Devangi.

As for choosing another supplier, I had a look at some forums, does not look promissing, if one supplier has good speed, as soon as word goes around and a lot of people sign up .... the speed goes down as well 😞 , loose loose situation, until the government steps in, it's their baby after all, they have been pushing it (with our dollars).

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @Caledoz, I'm sorry to hear you still haven't received a call back from Mercy's Team Leader. We'll chase this up for you and ensure a Team Leader gets in touch within the next 48 hours. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

This is what the Telecommunication Industry Ombudsman says about complaints in their 2015-2016 report.

I am sure that the 2016-2017 report will be worst:

“We saw nearly a 100 per cent increase in the number of NBN related complaints this year, but the rate of growth is lower than the growth of active services” said Ms Jones. “Delays in connections to the network, faults including unusable services, and dropout of services were regularly  reported, which is of concern.”

New complaints about faults on NBN services jumped by 147.8 per cent, while complaints about NBN connections rose by 63.2 per cent. NBN complaints now represent 11.9 per cent of all new complaints to the TIO.

More than a quarter of our new complaints came from regional and rural Australia. Compared to last year, we saw a six per cent increase in the proportion of new regional and rural complaints. 

The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman has also seen a change in the services consumers complain about. More consumers are complaining to us about problems with their internet than in previous years. New complaints about internet services rose by 22 per cent to the highest level in five years. 

“Consumers told us that slow data speed was the biggest problem with internet services,” said Ms Jones. “New complaints about internet data speed increased by 48 per cent.”

“If consumers are unable to resolve a dispute with their telco, they can contact the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman online or call 1800 062 058,” said Ms Jones.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Still no improvement, no text about upgrades... suffering another weekend.

I've contacted some news organisations and got a reply from a couple to say they will look into it.

"Hi there,

It’s a good idea and we’re looking at doing just this, hopefully soon. Thanks for taking the time to write in about it."

No contact from my TIO complaint optus must be flooded with complaints.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Update on my complaint..... went to the TIO. Optus to contact me by the 14th. No contact. When I put on here that I had no contact miraculously I am contacted an hour later. Now to be honest my speeds had improved slightly. Which is what I told Optus. I was told an upgrade had been performed as my node was over 100%....uh duh, really. The upgrade has now brought it to 94% capacity. When I suggested that Optus reach into those long pockets of theirs it was met with silence. As of last night......you guessed it. Back to slow speeds again. So my node is probably over 100% again as more and more people sign up. I said that this will be ongoing until the CVC price change happens.....again silence. No one will commit to any answers. I am going to monitor it for one more month and if still no improvement I am out. Sick of wasting hours of my time on trying to fix their network. They have oversold the network and aren't prepared to fix it. I went to the media, the article in the Sunday Telegraph was me and my family. 5 people in one house trying to do homework and web surfing and fetch tv on a 3Mbps connection. Good luck with that. To everyone out there squeal and shout as loud as you can. It helps a bit. But I think in the end it will only work if Optus actually cared enough for their customers that they reached into their looooooong pockets and paid for more bandwidth. 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Neildall

Can you pm me the link to your news story?

cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Neildall

Can you pm me the link to your news story?

cheers

0 Kudos
Top Contributors