Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Everyone with Slow NBN Read this before moving forward

@TezzaPThanks for the information.  Could you let me know the model number of the TPlink router please so I can check out its specs.  I was also looking at a Kogan AC WiFi Router which they reckon is good for 35 metres indoors and 100 metres outdoors - yep I am getting desparate.  Apart from running short of powerpoints as the NBN power supply is a weird shape and needs 2.  By the way thanks for your ongoning input into this forum.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Well since my last post on here on May 18th I still haven't heard from the CRG Rep regarding deactivating my service even though I sent an email to them on April 30th stating to proceed with deactivating my Optus service.  Well I've raised another ticket with the TIO about the inaction of this group when they promised it would be taken care of and it clearly hasn't, matter of fact I've received an invoice for a service that isn't being used in the household.  It is such a pity the experience has turned out like this and I would be hard pressed to ever come back to Optus for internet.

I'm so happy with my new RSP they are consistently over 80mbps and the majority of the time they are over 90mbps.  Optus should take note of what other RSP's provide and do likewise so people are getting what they pay for.

Speedtest performed tonight..... Optus take note this is what should be delivered to those on the 100/40 plan....

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Wannabeastar, who is your new provider?  I am having heaps of trouble with Optus and may pull the plug on them.  I am willing to pay for speed packs, etc...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Today is June the 1st cheaper CVC pricing i wonder how long it will take to see any improvements if any.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@TommyB my new RSP is Aussie Broadband.

Good too see the article in The Age today that the ACCC is finally going to look into the BAD Business Practice that some of the bigger RSP's are implementing with the dodgy CVC congestion.  Hopefully the ACCC actually does something about it for a change.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

For those of you interested, this is the link to the article on Age

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I cant wait.    There is absolutly no excuse what so ever that anyone with FTTH who is paying for 100mb doesnt get 95 percent of that at peak .. none what so ever.     The technology is only being utilised at 1:100th of what it is capable of carrying and this issue is a pure block caused by the lack of bandwidth.   

It will be really interesting to see if anything changes from today with Optus and its lack of bandwidth.   I really hope it does but the sceptic in me say na .. it wont.   I believe they will be dragged kicking and screaming until they are forced to do the right thing  by a court or legislation

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Just a quick update. I turned off the Wifi on the Sagemcrap AC WiFi router, permanently, and replaced it with the Kogan AC WiFi Router as the hot spot. What can I say the difference in the WiFi Signal is Night and Day from a reception perspective. Why couldn't Optarse provided a WiFi Router with that range? It can't be the price as at $99.00 free delivery, though it was discounted to $55.00 free delivery and did not have VOIP capabilities, it appears to be far superior than the Sagemcrap. Come on Optarse admit your mistakes and replace the crap you have provided? By the way I have still not heard from Nathan, the complaints resolution person, or Sagemcom, OK them never after calling them twice, since my first contact. WTF Optarse this is not really customer service is it? So far I have left 4 messages for Nathan to call me back since May but so far SFA. Only the moderators, TezzaP, and the phone techs have helped so far, so thanks, but no one else has bothered. And to add insult to injury I have heard of others being offered the same service I have at $30 dollars less a month .... WFT - don't know where to go with that complaint.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Albus

you have a complaint in with TIO?  if so go to the portal and update your case to reflect no one contacting you.   if you dont have a case with TIO raise one as this will open up further lines into optus

im just waiting another couple of months and my bundles will be broken so much easier then im off to Aussie broadband although Foxtel have release their new streaming service foxtel now so i might go earlier and give them the fetch box back and be done with it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Anyone else seeing a significant drop in the upload of their service lately .. mine with congestion used to sit at 35-38  it now even during non peak when my dl is about 95 has dropped to 15ish .. i think prioitsation has been changed on traffic and dlownload has been shaped

0 Kudos