Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
TezzaP
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Everyone with Slow NBN Read this before moving forward

@GKarklins

Im happy to say here mate .. 

My second RSP is a company called Nuskope.    Its a little bit more pricey but you pay for what you get i guess

0 Kudos
GKarklins
Contributor
Contributor

WOW Optus.....

60/36 on a 100/40 service at 6.20pm Monday night at Modbury SA.

Keep that up and I'll be happy. Hope it stays close to that later tonight.

Cheers 

0 Kudos
GKarklins
Contributor
Contributor

@TezzaP hope your post doesn't get edited further than it already has been 😊

Mine re SageC@ap was apparently a profanity edited out by a Mod. Since when did honesty deserve a profanity edit 😎

0 Kudos
mackov83
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I connected with Mate via iSelect on Friday afternoon. Had an SMS later that night to say I would be connected in 1-3 business days. 8:30am Monday no internet. Realised I had an SMS 8:45am to say I was transferred.

So far, 12ms ping and consistent 18mbps on a 25mbps plan during business hours. Tests just now at 7:23pm seem to show no drops in performance, so I am pretty happy.

Thinking about requesting a temporary 50mbps line so that I can do a direct comparison to my Optus connection.

0 Kudos
GKarklins
Contributor
Contributor

Even MORE WOW Optus....

Modbury SA Monday night at 7.20 pm... 86.74/36.98. Now that IS impressive. Let's hope it keeps up.

0 Kudos
Hollie
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey Guys! If you'd like to send your full name, DOB and Internet username or account number through via PM to me I can have a look at your services and see which CVC's you're connected to and hopefully can advise when we may be doing upgrades in your area. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
DeadSlow
New Contributor
New Contributor

I called the retention team and got out no penalty - signed up with MyNetFone and am enjoying fast NBN, Bye all, good luck.

0 Kudos
Albus
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hollie,

I am following and commenting on this post as it is probably the future for me as I was one of the first in the area to connect to the NBN, so apart form a couple of blips, so speed is mostly OK.  My issue is and has always been the bad service from the WiFi Router which, by all acounts is not up to the job of being a WiFi router.  As I have the phone service as well, due to the SIP secrecy, I am stuck witth this piece of crap.  I am still in the process of trying to fix this WiFi myself as Optus Phone Tech are pretty much useless (probably not their fault) as there is no way I can trouble shoot the WIFi network without access to some log files to see where and when the drop outs occur - which are part of 2 other unanswered questions asked by me on this site.  I am still waying up taking this matter to the ACCC, the WiFi Routers fitness for purpose as anything other than a paper weight, and the TIO due to the speed issues within the house (if that comes under them).  I would probably spend $300 dollars or so on a solution that included the phone as well but with secret sips why bother.  Since the install process I have been trawling this site for answers for hours on end and of course nothing.  Everyone who asks about Optus NBN are getting the same anwer - run, do not walk, to the next RSP and get everything they tell you in writing like "The new WiFi Router is much better because it has 2 bands" from sales and then Optus Phone Tech support tells me it has a "range of 8-10 metres".

0 Kudos
Hollie
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Albus - the WiFi range on our newer modems is generally quite good however it really does depend a lot on your property and the layout. The other option would be to look at a WIFi extender or a router that could be plugged into our modem. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
vedsez
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

mate,

for sure Optus supplied modem has a wi fi problem.Including Optus everyone agree on this. If 3 or more people on internet using wi fi you will gone crazy.

In this country of us we have laws and regulations. Not perfect but we have. Right to repair one of them. I believe law makers(mp's) can and must push ISP's to unlock choose of modem in favor of costumers.And let the ISP' s broke monoply or dictate must use modem supplied by ISP. If this happens then we will be having real freedom of internet.

in the book Oprus says" you can have your own modem. how ever our support will be if not non, will be very minimal" meaning is we are not going to give you any support of what you asking for.

0 Kudos