Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Everyone with Slow NBN Read this before moving forward

Just finished running the OOKLA speed test.  Not too bad I suppose as i am on the 50/20 speed and is certainly better than the shaping occurring under the previous cable plan.

OOKLA Speed Test 20170403 pm.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Well my TIO complaint has been lodged and I have a reference number just waiting now for a response from Optus regarding what they are going to do.  I've also connected another RSP NO CONTRACT and just testing their performance before I make a decision.  Half an hour ago the speed on Optus was not to bad but just tested it again and it is slowing to a crawl.  They just won't get it right will they.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Onya Tezza. You just summed up what an untruthful organisation Optus really are. How they attempt to baffle us laymen with tech talk and excuses + of course the big" sorry" they are good at but still their problems exist after 12 months to put it right. I am on their $30 mobile sim and still experience "drop-outs" on EPL games.  So frustrating but more so now knowing that it can be fixed if Optus would come clean with its customers. Come back foxtel we deserve better than this !

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

still got good speed again tonight.    no not trying to piss anyone off .. ive had 2 months of 2mb 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Lucky you @TezzaP .... I had Zero Ping, Zero Down, Zero Up from 7.43am to 5.45pm on 4 April.

That's right... ZERO NBN service for 10 hours at Modbury North SA.

That does make it a tad hard to perform productive work from my home office. Grrrrrr.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Oh... I just worked out why @TezzaP and others may have had half reasonable NBN speeds lately.

I'm wondering whether Optus are taking a lead from Power companies and "load shedding" in high demand areas, like rolling blackouts so everyone gets a bit of power on a rotational basis. Seems a half reasonable approach... keep some customers kinda satisfied some of the time.

When most technology companies have anything like a 10 hour outage, there would be an apology, quickly followed by an anouncement of their root cause analysis, together with a statement about actions being taken to avoid a recurrence.

Anyone seen that from Optus re today's huge widespread NBN outage?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

TIO says optus have until 5pm to contact me today. Mods better get your team to hurry up.

2 mbps last night, useless..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Where does one start?

I think I'll just send a link to the forum.

capture.PNG

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I got that this morning.  What a bunch of plonkers that even they don't know we effectively changed plans!  I gave them both barrels given the level of phone support starting just before the changeover.

I also had a call rom Optus about a complaint that I lodged over this "installation" and the crappy router.  OK I would have but they rang my wife and then told her that they would ring back within 14 days.  Why bother!

By the way I got 18.93 / 19.83 in the OOKLA speed test yesterday evening but due to a 403 Apache error I have not been able to log in from my desktop since yesterday apart from about 5 minutes today.  Currently on using a tablet and hope this one keeps me in the game so to speak.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@rcarde

you work with this stuff you know whats going on .. its a great business stratagey to hook mums and dads in because the old monopoly of Telecom australia then telstra once optus arrived has now seen that optus is as much a staple as telstra for older australians and m iddle aged non technical people.      they are the ones that these companies pray on and its really bloody sad.    I hope you had about 10 hours to write what you needed to not that anyone will take much notices .. you one of the people they dont want/need as a customer . SAVY!!!!

@Albus

what is not working on your connection just the ability to access webpages?  port 80 and 443?   or everything?  have you tried another router (non optus one)   ... hit me up with a PM if you want some help to do some propper testing

0 Kudos