Searching...

Re: Everyone with Slow NBN Read this before moving forward

lissof

Thank you! I was not aware the ACCC was getting so proactive, lol, this is excellent.

TezzaP

Today I can finally say im free of Optus NBN Internet.  Service disconnection has occured and im pretty happy for it.

For the past month I have been connected to ABB and Optus at the same time on my FTTH connection using a 100/40 profile on both services.     In the past month i have conducted daily speed checks at  8pm (830AEST) on both services and  It just proved that the angst of changing and unbundling services was the correct thing to do.    My ABB connection is a consistant 7ms 90mb+ / 35mb+ speed where Optus just failed consistantly at anywhere between 5mb-40mb /5mb-30mb with a horrible sometimes up over 300ms ping.   

the angst of having to unbundle was the only thing that kept me here this long but now ive biten the bullet the angst is over.   It was a good service when it worked but because of the business practice of this company I wont be back.   

Ty to the mods on here for helping me sort my affairs out with optus,  it was so much less painful than calling ...

wannabeastar

Well done @TezzaP in making the leap away from Optus to ABB.  I've been with them now for 5 months and I've got no complaints about them what so ever and I won't be leaving them anytime soon.  The best part with them is the communication they provide, the big boys could surely take a few leafs out of their book about what real customer service is supposed to be.

I to concur with you regarding the Mods on this forum they too helped me get it all sorted out and always followed through when they said they would.

And a speed test tonight just for one more time...

Capture.PNG

[ Edited ]
Yulia

TezzaP

Highlighted

corion

@TezzaP  I've lodged my TIO complaint, it's been 6 + moths of a less than half speed connection with constant drop-outs. I'm done with Optus.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos