Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Everyone with Slow NBN Read this before moving forward

Hi @tyler_spackman, you can call the team on 1300555241 to discuss that. If the issue has been confirmed by Faults and there is no ETA for resolution they may also be able to release you from contract, depending on what the cause is. 

@Albus - apologies for the PM 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

You can write a letter to the Customer Relations Group or ask to speak to them (however only an Optus Case Manager can do this for you). They are supposed to contact you within 48 hours and provide you with their direct contact details. This is where I am currently at. Not sure what their response is like. We shall see.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Sofedup Customer Relations have a 10 bus day SLA for assigning the case and making contact. They will assign a case manager once this is done. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yeah I saw that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Just for fun, I have been doing some random speedtests almost everyday. I noticed the "pick hour" is now extended to 10pm!! Why the hell am I paying for an speed boost?!!

FullSizeRender (1).jpgFullSizeRender (1).jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Maybe what we should be showing here also is our Suburb, or the nearest Suburb if you don't want to give too much away, and State so we can pinpoint locations where the issues of congestion are occurring.  In my area there have only been about 10 or twenty instances where the 50/20 plan I am on has reached single figures for the download but my main issue is very poor  hardware, including WiFi performance and ongoing phone issues, thoughtfully provided by Optus.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Albus  This wont work as it depends on a few different factors, including what POI and CVC you are connected via.   You can be on one CVC and your neighbour could be on the same plan but a different CVC and wham .. your hit with 1mb/s in peak where he has 99.9.   

im currently getting on optus but a month ago i couldnt get over 5mb in peak times

My original post lays it all out and explains whats occuring

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks @TezzaP for the extra information.  In hindsight it was probably a bit simplistic so i wonder how I find out the POI and CVC details apart from calling support (trying to sctratch my eyes out as I type).  Must admit my speeds are mostly acceptable on the 50/20 plan, if you are using Cat 6, though still have real issues with the hardware provided as it is really second rate using WiFi, still having dropouts even with a hot spot set up within 4 metres of the devices, which is just frustrating.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Since last posting here (approx. 3 months ago) some things have changed! (Carlingford Exchange, Sydney, NSW)

1: Optus have provided me with a "Customer Satisfaction Rebate" of $25 but ONLY for the days of complete outage (apparently if your internet is working it doesn't matter slow it is).

2: Optus added a FREE speed boost pack to my account. (I had to argue this point with them when this speed boost showed up on last months bill with a cost of $30 but they cancelled the cost after I made them confirm the facts & called it another "Customer Satisfaction Rebate" on this months bill).

3: I have been offered a NEW PLAN at almost half the cost, month to month that gives me most of what I already had on the old plan (& it includes the FREE speed boost).

4: As of 1st May 2017 I am now getting the download speeds I pay for & have had no other major technical issues with service

THANK YOU, but why did it take so long to do the right thing? I'm curious about how much of this new "Fair Go Policy" is because too many of your customers complained about the same thing? Also, did fixing these issues with your service have anything to do with the Ombudsman (TIO) looking at your practices & service delivery? Hmmm ...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Albus

I replaced my router straight away with a tplink which im very happy with.   I have my optus router plugged into the tplink for my voip but to be honest we have never used the voip as we hav mobiles.  A router with a wan port will work fine for what you need to do