Searching...

Re: Everyone with Slow NBN Read this before moving forward

RodneyArmour

Internet so slow again last night, FetchTV pausing to the point where it is unwatchable.... such a pain, very dissapointing!

Albus

@GKarklinsThanks for the info.  I suppose I am keeping the home phone as I have relatives that know the number and it is probably more convenient for them me keeping it instead of going mobile only - even though the phones at the moment have a lot of noise in the background since the changeover.  For the moment I am going to persisit with getting the WiFi up and running properly as I already have the old Netgear CG3000 set up as a WiFi Hotspot and continue to have dropouts so that is why I have to continue troubleshooting this.  After my talk with the Sagemcom Tech I hope I will be in the position to either be able to say with some certainty that the Sagemcom is actually faulty, rather than just cr*p WiFi, request a replacement.  Then i will be in a position to troubleshoot the phone and get that issue fixed - to do this I will probably have to purchase another phone to test the line to discount my phone.  Wish me luck.  If that doesn't work then ACCC, TIO, and a new RSP probably just with data .... and maybe even a new mobile plan in a life without Optus.

@HollieThanks for the offer and I hope you can find something that is suitable.  At present I am now thinking that this is a WIFi Router issue and maybe it does need to be replaced but I really need more information about the Sagemcom to make that decision.  This is annoying as it not only causes reverse workflow for Optus, much like having terrible/no manuals, but it is also a massive pain in the neck for me just hanging on the telephone, or this site, or just being annoyed by it generally while trying to resolve the issues.

Aman_B

Totally understand your frustrations with this @Albus.  You can certainly contact our techs on 131344 to get all the info you need on the modems or you can check this online as well, it's available on the manufacturer website. Please let us know how you go. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Albus

Thanks @Aman_B for your post.  I really thought for a second that I may be getting closer to some information about the Sagemcom WiFi Router.  So I checked the Sagemcom web site just in case i had missed something and to summarise there is not even a link to any information on the Sagemcom Website to the F@ST 3864 AC WiFi Router.  If you have a look at previous posts of mine on Pages 15,16, 17 and 18 of this thread you will understand that I am not interested in calling the techs on the number you gave as it is futile.  Web site search via screen shots from the sagemcom web site.

Search for the Optus WiFi Router by Model Number

Sagemcom menu results 3846 AC.PNG

Search for the Optus WiFi Router by Menu item

Sagemcom menu results 3846 AC.PNG

Search for F@ST 3486 AC - to show the search works

Sagemcom Website 3486 AC Search Result.PNG

As I said before I do feel sorry for the Optus Tech dealing with this as they appear to have the same information about the device as I have .... little or nothing.

This is why the whole process is so frustrating.

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

Hey @Albus, we've got a data sheet here that gives you a rundown of the modem specifications. Check it out here → https://smb.optus.com.au/opfiles/Shop/Consumer/Assets/PDFs/Optus%20F3864AC%20Datasheet.pdf 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

GKarklins

@Dan_C This would be ever so funny, but als so typical.

Have you checked the link @Dan_C....??

It is no longer available. Why am I not surprised 😎

Dan_C

@GKarklins, of course I checked it,'s come straight of the archives of ol Google Smiley Happy Works perfectly fine on my end. Make sure you're not including the full stop at the end. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

GKarklins

Well @Dan_C you may want to re-post, I like 99.99% of users would click on your posted link, expecting it to work, without having to copy/paste/delete full stop.

A link is a link, not a cryptic puzzle mate.

Dan_C

Duly noted @GKharklins, the post has been edited. 

foylema

Best thing I did was leave Optus and move to a company called Aussie Broadband. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
37 Kudos
30 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos