Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Everyone with Slow NBN Read this before moving forward

Indeed! I explained "the mushroom treatment" to an Optus customer service rep once (because he said he did not understand what that means). He did laugh at my explanation of "being kept in the dark & constantly fed bull[poop]" but he also fully understood what I meant by that & apologised. Talking to the customer service & tech people like human beings who are also being badly effected by MY Optus problem got me LESS mushroom treatment from them. He then told me he can "escallate" my enquiry.

It DIDN'T fix my problem, but it did get my issues escallated faster, & I suddenly didn't have more than 10 minutes on hold after that. Which raises the question: Can Optus prioritise your wait times when you call up & input your 'phone number?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Well the WiFi outdid itself last night needing multiple reconnections to keep a couple of iPads happy.  Even the Fetch TV would no play at all the signal for the 2.4 MHZ channel was low while the 5 MHZ signal was low.  Now the question is which is a worse signal low or poor?  Of course not in the manual.  This is the performacnce forn a WiFi Router that the Sales people told me provided a better signal - i did not ask from what as the answer may have been .... do you remember as a child you used thiose two tims with a string between them ....  I just hope that the fix on Monday is provided gratis by Optus as I don't think that the service is fit for purpose at present - especially the noise on the phone line.  may be off to the TIO sooner than later.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Probably.  The first few times I got through fairly quickly but the last couple of attempts I had to call 3 to 4 times just to get through the minefield that is their phone syatem and it may be true that after I had entered my phone number my call could have been delayed or even sent ot the wrong area.  The last time I got through i had to do this through the billing - yep via their hip pocket - who put me through to tech Support.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have just raised my own TIO and ACCC cases, let's hope enough people do the same.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Either something has occured bandwidth wise or no one is on the internet tonight 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Lucky! I've been down for 2 hours. Optus support say someone should call within 24 hours. What a joke!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@TezzaP My guess is, everyone's gone to bed early...

66 down / 37 up at Modbury North SA @ 9.35 pm.

Like you, after voluminous complaints on the phone and posts here,I was assigned a Case Manager, nice chap, explained that future upgrades may occur un my area  but didn't have any idea of when. Offered a break in contract or some remuneration.

Then a day later I received my monthly bill... with a $261 Cancellation Fee for discontinuing my Optus ADSL service and moving to NBN with them. And I was on month to month on ADSL. Go figure....

@TezzaP it looks like the loudest and most vociferous whingers like us get the privilege of having a Case Manager allocated. And fortunately, having his direct phone number, he was able to quickly reverse the Cancellation fee. 

To all those with unsatisfactory NBN speeds and frustrated with Ootus to the point of lodging TIO & ACCC Complaints, be sure to escalate and ask for a Complaint Reference Number, otherwise TIO may not be able to investigate to the detailed investigation you deserve.

What my situation and @TezzaP 's case highlights is keep complaining, as for a Complaint reference number and ask for a Case Manager to be assigned to your issue. You may not get the NBN Plan speed advertised, but you'll receive a level of service far more humane than Optus fob-off trained overseas Agents. Who no doubt do a great job if you're buying, but not trained to actually respond to or resolve a complaint.

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Wow that is amazing.  maybe everyone was dealing with WiFi dropouts so couldn't get as far as the Router!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@GKarklins

im still trying to be reserved but this is 2 nights in a row .. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

you're doing ok. this is mine as of 30 secs ago.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos