Contributor

Re: Everyone with Slow NBN Read this before moving forward

@Neildall

Yes me too..

0 Kudos
Contributor GKarklins
Contributor

I'll no doubt be caned by a Moderator for spamming the same issue on a different thread, but have a look at my posts under the title of Slow NBN Speeds.

Don't cane me Mods, cane Optus management for not listening, not investing and not responding.

I've spent over 30 hours on the issue of congested CVC's and getting upgraded to a "free" boost to 100/40 that delivers 3/20 to as high as 21/32 during peak times.

After spending all my time on phone calls including escalations, in my businesses I would expect Retentions TO BE CALLING ME, not me calling again on a fruitless mery-go-round.

Optus could save a LOT of $'s scrapping their non-existent "Customer Service" areas and ploughing those $'s into improved CVC's and infrastructure. It wouldn't need an MBA to develop that business case...!!!

0 Kudos
New Contributor Army66
New Contributor

I am paying for 25/5 Mbps NBN fixed wireless in country WA and can hardly get 2/3 Mbps. The old satellite was quicker than this and that was like watching paint dry. I've had a gutsful of not being able to contact anybody in Australia, no dedicated tech support, no answers to my messages on Facebook or Messenger. Optus care factor is obviously zero so....no more customer. Simples.

Speedtest.jpg

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Serena
RetiredModerator

We do care about our customers @Army66, we do try our hardest to get back to all our customers asap. At the moment we are busy and there will be a delay in our replies. If you need to chat with someone urgently, please call our NBN team on 1300300427 (option 1, 3 and then option 2) and they'll be able to assist. Also, what was your Facebook user name?

@GKarklins, Miles has offered to help out however, we haven't heard back from you 😞 

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor wannabeastar
Occasional Contributor

Optus care about customers @Serena??? I've had a ticket open with Case Management since February (see comments within this thread) and I'm still waiting to hear whether or not the order has been processed. I've sent two emails and all I can hear is crickets as no response has been forth coming. If you want the reference number that I was given for further investigation so I may be enlightened on whether it has been action or not PM me and I will give it to you. If they have actioned it and moved my internet service to another CVC it hasn't accomplished anything as the speed during the PEAK period is still nothing to bang on about or get excited. I think the only way to fix the issue is pretty clean cut and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that out.
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Serena
RetiredModerator

We do care @wannabeastar, we don't want our customers to be unhappy with the service and not be able to use it. Not only is this a poor experience for customers but also a loss in business for us too. I'll send you a PM, chat soon. 

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Hannah-L

Thank you for your help, I did get a call from Tania 10 mns ago.

0 Kudos
Contributor kpc32
Contributor

@Serena @Hannah-L

This has been going on for months, can you explain for the suffering customers why the upgrades are taking so long.

Don't you have a team of engineers to tackle these issues? I would say it's the highest priority at the moment.

Please breakdown the process so we understand. It's not like it's a new report.

If it's not enough bandwidth just say so, but at least give us a timeframe.

We don't know isn't good enough.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Serena
RetiredModerator

Awesome to hear @Caledoz, I'll send the message onto @Hannah-L 🙂 Have a great day!

RetiredModerator Serena
RetiredModerator

@kpc32 The same frustrations you're experiencing with your services are heard, please don't feel that you're not. We do pass on lots of feedback and reports back to our network teams. If there is known issue with regards to peak times slow in your area it is reported back to the relevant teams who then start planning on when this can be alleviated. Once an ETA has been provided to certain areas, customers are notified if you're details are on the register. We do want to ensure the right thing is done by our customers and if there's no ETA available, your options can be discussed. 

0 Kudos