cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Neildall
Occasional Contributor

Re: Everyone with Slow NBN Read this before moving forward

End of today I will be logging on to TIO website to inform them. It proves the contempt they have for customers. 

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Neildall

go to https://www.tio.com.au/making-a-complaint/update-your-complaint and update your complaint with the details.   I am in the same boat .. 

Occasional Contributor Yulia
Occasional Contributor

Is the next step is to lodge a complaint againts TIO? as they don't follow a timeline and don't send u any updates. If TIO cannot do anything about it what's the point to lodge a complaints with them?  

0 Kudos
Contributor kpc32
Contributor

Just lodge a complaint, don't let them off for poor service. If the TIO see a influx of complaints they will have to do something about it.

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Yulia

The tio is the watchdog for telecommunications in Australia.  Every time a service provider does not do the right thing and the tio is involved it can cost the telco money in fines.    If you make a complaint and it's not solved satisfactory it can cost the telco lots of money.  When lots of customers do this it makes the telco do the right thing.  it's very important that everyone make a complaint and don't accept second best.   The customers that don't know their rights are the ones telcos like Optus prey on and harvest money from whilst providing little service or product.    They bank on the customer accepting rubbish like we are doing an upgrade but don't know when it will be finished Smiley Sad.   

Highlighted
Contributor naik_michel
Contributor

My speeds in Sydney city center (World Square 2000) Friday March  9pm 2017:

>>> 4mpbs on 100 mbps connection ! 

Can't get any slower on their $140/month for 140mpbs download connection:

Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 9.16.36 pm.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 9.18.20 pm.jpg

Want to see my OOKLA Speedtest results since december upgrading to NBN 100mpbs/40mbps?

Here they are to keep track: http://beta.speedtest.net/results?sh=0d7d110f28ec9567d071fc6263b8dc2c

Occasional Contributor wannabeastar
Occasional Contributor

I have been an Optus customer for the last 2 1/2 years on a NBN FTTH 100/40 Mb service which I have never had any complaints prior to the rest of the district being switched over the Liberals version of NBN now the service during the PEAK period is atrocious.  I too copped all of the BS from the tech support people about Optus is doing upgrades which I take with a grain of salt as they are only reading a script that is right there in front of them and are told to spin the BS as they think the public doesn't know what is going on.  I have posted on another thread on here around this issue which I was put forward to Case Management by the Moderators of this forum.  Well let me say that initially the person I was dealing with (name will be withheld) was brilliant in trying to source out what the issue was and attempting to trouble shoot the problem.  In the end the Case Management person did inform myself that the issue was at the CVC that my service was on which was due to you guessed it 'congestion'.  The Case Management person told me that they had identified 'three' other CVC's in my area that they could switch me over too and would attempt to do so.  Well late one Saturday I got the call to tell me that I was going to be switched over and bang the internet was gone for around 30 minutes.  When I was finally able to get in contact with them on the same day the spiel I got was that NBN hadn't done there part and that I would be reverted back to the CVC that I was originally on.  They told me that an order will be placed on the Monday 13/02/2017 and that I should here back from them once this had been done.  This is the last time I have had any communication with the Case Management person and my bet is that the ticket number I have has been closed.  I have sent to emails after this date with NO REPLY whatsoever and let me just say I'm not impressed with this type of service. It doesn't look good for Optus but in the end I get the impression they don't care two hoots as long as they are getting there $120 per month out of me then why would they do anything about correcting it. I'm tired of the BS and if they aren't blind or stupid surely they can see they have major issues on their hands and need to correct it before people leave in droves. I guess they figure if people leave the their bandwidth issues may correct themselves, what a stupid train of thought that is. I can't even watch the Fetch-TV service that I have as part of my bundle as the internet speed is TOO SLOW.  I would love to move to another ISP but who is to say that I'm going to hit the same problems there.   If there was someway of knowing how much bandwidth some ISP have on the CVC's it would be brilliant but then that would create other issues I'm betting.

Occasional Contributor

Well, this is mine after switch from 25/5 to 100/40, it's a huge improvment from 0.18 to impressive 0.35

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Yulia

oh wow Smiley Frustrated .. tell them to move you back . they are complete  and really have no idea what they are doing .. i bet they want to charge your for the higher speed boost pack also Smiley Sad  

its like a garden hose trying to supply a town its water ..    when everyone trys to fill the sink there is no water as there is not enough throughput from the pipe into the town.   giving you a bigger pipe from the town pipe is not going to achieve anything Smiley Sad

Occasional Contributor

@wannabeastar

Just go to whirpool and have a look there. What I found so far is Skymesh as they don't have unlimited plans and balance their bandwidth. That's all, plenty complaints TPG, DODO, IINET, OPTUS, BELONG (recently), etc. Telstra might be good as well as by posts they fixing the issues in a few days, but no gurantee here. 

Just paid 200 connection fee and 300 new development charge and need to pay again for other ISP to discover the same problem is not something that i'm interesting in. Will speak with the retention team again and will see. 

Top Contributors