cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Everyone with Slow NBN Read this before moving forward

Can one of the Mods explain what this means,,,,,look at other options for the service going forward,..... if you mean contact the retention team so you can leave without penalty olease say so.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey @linuts, this would be an option discussed with Retention or a potential monthly credit if we have some sort of time line for capacity upgrades. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Optus timeline to upgrade most is Jun 1st when the NBN pricing structure changes for wholesale CVC bandwidth pricing on NBN. 

I urge all, once you get the standard reply from optus "your being upgraded but we dont know when"   to lodge a complaint with ACCC for bad business practice .. they are selling you a product that you cant use when you need to use it .. during peak times (when your home and not asleeep)  

they are still happy to take your money and supply you with nothing..   

sorry moderators you are all a nice bunch of guys but you are trying to fix the unfixable.   please be honest with the users on the forum, we get enough rubbish from the service desk

Contributor YESLAG
Contributor

my cable internet was faster..

Contributor kpc32
Contributor

Thanks i'm going to complain to the TIO as well.

This is so bad, it's not funny.

Occasional Contributor Yulia
Occasional Contributor

Hi guys! 

Will it be any better? I mean if you lodge a complain with TIO or ACCC may i expect to return my "connection fee" money and "New development charge" money? As I got the same answer as everyone else here (it will take long so u can opt out). The speed is just ridiculus about 0.18mbps on 25/5 plan. From retention team they gave me 100/40 plan to try, haven't check it yet, but I guess it won't be any better. So I'm just wondering how I can return my money and go for another provider, as they don't have any ETA of when it's going to be fixed. Anyone here have some positive experience with TIO or ACCC? 

Thank you. 

Contributor kpc32
Contributor

We'll we can't let them get away with it, if everyone complains they have actually have to go spend some money to get more capacity. The poor shareholders might not like it.

Upgrading you to 100/40 won't help when it's congested it's congested.

Going through TIO is slow , but we have to make our voices heard.

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Yulia

If you expect to get anywhere you will need to complain to TIO.   Until you do, Optus will contually fob you off like they have already making you pay for a product they dont provide.  

The reason I try to encourage people complianing to ACCC also is that this is bad and unfare business practice.     The watchdog needs to look at this as they are.   the more people make a noise the more action.

Occasional Contributor Neildall
Occasional Contributor

I would suggest that people do go through with the TIO. It is there to keep companies like this honest. Unfortunately Optus in its wisdom seems to think that they are above the TIO. I lodged a complaint due to abysmal peak speeds. TIO sent me correspondence stating that Optus has until the 14th at 5pm to respond. It is now the 16th and as of yet............you guessed it.......Nothing. My speeds have improved a bit, but this doesn't still resolve the fact that I have paid top dollar for dial up speeds. I await with eager anticipation the phone call from them and am anticipating the back pedalling on why I wasn't contacted by the resolution date. Not holding my breath though. 

Contributor kpc32
Contributor

That's terrible , they even think they are above the TIO.

Did you tell the TIO you haven't been contacted?

I'm still waiting on a reply from the TIO.

0 Kudos