Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
imassri
Contributor
Contributor

Enquiry about FTTC activation

Hi all

So finally I got the fttc available last Friday and made an order to move to nbn. All is good as I received my nbn unit along with the router in just 4 days of the order.

But what I want to confirm is that if I tried to connect the nbn unit to test the line if it is activated or not, in case of failure can I put back my adsl as normal? In other words my test is not gonna cause confusion in the unit outside the house.

My activation date is still a way on the sixth.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Enquiry about FTTC activation

Good afternoon @imassri 🙂

Exciting times ahead! Sounds like you're just about ready to go.

You’ve received both the Optus supplied router and NCD (NBN connection box)?

I just wanted to make sure that NBN have already gone out to install the DPU (A small device that’s located inside a nearby Telstra pit).

If that’s been installed, we should be able to push through the activation and get you going almost immediately.

Send us a PM with your details. I’ll need your full name, DOB and NBN order number.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
imassri
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you @Dan_C for the fast reply.

Yes I have both the ncd and the router. 

But regarding the DPU I dont know but I think it should be ready since I think my status is sc33 and the chat member told me that officially my activation is on the sixth of september and I just need to plug my ncd. 

I will send you my details, but I should say I still haven't tried to connect the ncd so I dont know if the line is already activated or not. As I mentioned I wasn't sure if I will lose adsl if it is not activated which is why I asked here as I had good past help and  responses from the site here.

thank you again.

0 Kudos
imassri
Contributor
Contributor

I guess the line is not activated yet... 

Although I got three solid blue lights on the NCD but cannot access the internet.

But thankfully I managed to get back to adsl but had to reenter my password to my router although it was saved.

0 Kudos
imassri
Contributor
Contributor

Just a quick follow up.

I lost my adsl today morning and the nbn was still not activated, but thankfully through the chat with Zesus, he activated my nbn for me and the internet was back on in 5 mins so all good and happy with the new speeds. I hope it remains like that haha.

thank you.

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Very sorry for our delayed reply, @imassri. Not sure what happened there!

Glad to hear this has been all set up now. Let us know if you have any further questions!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
imassri
Contributor
Contributor

No worries @Shauna, thank you for the follow-up.

All good now as the NBN is active and great.

0 Kudos