Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
PatnTet
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Emails to bigpond.com recipents being returned

Yes.  Bigpong has opened its it borders.  I've been sending "Try This" emails to a LittlePuddle mate, asking for a "Delivery" receipt,  but they bounced until this morning.   He rang, thanked, and said it explained why he hadn't had emails that family had said they had sent him.

Bigpong in a LittlePuddle.

(Biased:   we had to go to the ombudsman years ago - Telstra bill stuff-up was the reason we left Telstra and came to Optus, and lived happily ever after)

0 Kudos
DMSGA
New Contributor
New Contributor

It appears the borders have been blocked again.

I attempted this afternoon to send an email to a family member who has a bigpond.com email address and once again it was returned.

I called Optus help on 133 937 and informed them of the problem, and that is has been going on since approximately the 25th of November. I let them know of the existence of this thread and the many users voicing their dismay and the need to have this problem rectified as soon as practicable. I was given a reference number for lodging my enquiry.

Whilst it appears that Optus is aware of the problem, it seems like this issue is in the too hard basket. In short it seems like Optus and Telstra don't talk and therefore cannot come up with a solution between them.

0 Kudos
PatnTet
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

DMSGA:   Moral of story - these are not Optus problems.  The Bigpong issue is a Bigpong isue.

A couple of years ago, NBN was cabled here.  It didn't work with Optus modem.  Contacting NBN is useless - their response always : "Contact your provider".   Optus were marvelous with online "Chat".   It took 2 months of Optus agitating, and NBN simply saying Optus problem.    Optus finally got NBN to send supervisor.   He found a broken connector in the pit, when the NBN cowboy had connected it.   He replaced it.   Bingo - Internet!   I repeat - Optus were marvelous.

0 Kudos
Tom_nickname
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

PatnTet: Yes, NBN was the problem in your case, and you had to get Optus to go to battle for you and get the problem with NBN fixed. Exactly the same here. Bigpond is the problem, but only Optus is big enough to go and force Bigpond to fix it. This same identical problem has been happening on and off for at least three years, and it has never been fixed properly:

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/3065v6x3?p=2#r68180607

Tom
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi all,

I have checked fault ticket 23304755 which advises this was resolved on Friday. It was left open for 48 hours and then just closed with no new customer reported issues.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos