cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Nard_YC

Re: Emails to bigpond.com recipents being returned

@Fdasey Sorry to hear you're having similar issues. I'd recommend going through the tips @Kartika has provided a few posts up. 

I've also passed this onto our Network Team to identify if this is a known issue and if they have any further information for us. 

As soon as we hear back, we'll be able to let you all know here. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Nard_YC

Hey all, our Network Team have got back to us and mentioned they're aware of this issue and looking into it. 

We have this being investigated under fault ref: #23304755 

We don't have any further info at this stage, however, we'll keep everyone in the loop once we find out more. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

nigedes
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes having the same issue with bigpond and mail105 server - any further updates? thx

Adiren1111
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for update - I am also having this problem tonight

Tina_YC

Thanks for notifying us @Adiren1111 and @nigedes. Once we hear back from the team, we will let you know right away. 

Tom_nickname
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Me too. Multiple bigpond addresses.

Bigpond are using "senderscore" as one of their spam filters. So someone with an Optus email address has been spamming, and so "senderscore" drops the rating of every optus poster. If you go to senderscore, they assume you're the business that is being impacted, and if you create an account with senderscore you can find out why there's a problem and what to do about it.

Tom
Maharish
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am also having this problem. It has been apparent for about 5 days now.
revmox
New Contributor
New Contributor

I've also been affected in the same way. I have logged into the senderscore site and it thinks I have been sending up to 50,000 emails some days. Not true, I'd average 2 or 3 with nothing slightly offensive or questionable. My senderscore is somehow 6 out of 100. Telstra uses the senderscore to block unsavoury companies using the system. The company that compiles the score is called Validty. Like most IT companies they live behind a barrier the average user can't get past - unreachable and unanswerable to anybody.

Optus could really help by providing some information here. Is the blockage being done on an individual basis, does it affect all Optus customers, just some on a particular server or those bound to a particular IP address? Would moving affected customers to a new IP address fix the problem? Is Optus sorting this on behalf of its customers (it would have the data to clear their names) or do we customers have to sort this ourselves? But don't hold your breath.

nigedes
New Contributor
New Contributor

hi there any further updates please? Thx

0 Kudos
Steven_YC

Hey @nigedes - Our team are still assessing this and are awaiting for communication from the host about this issue. I'm afraid no further updates besides this are available at this stage.

0 Kudos