cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Emails stuck in Outlook on iPad ISO 14

Hi.

Issue

• Emails are not being sent from my outlook account on iPad. I can receive emails ok.

Context

• I have a Samsung S9 mobile phone running 4G, a desktop PC and Apple iPad Pro
  • Connected to NBN at home
  • I use Outlook on my iPad and desktop computer connected to NBN wireless 
  • no issues receiving or sending emails via outlook on computer
  • In iPad account settings using IMAP

Outlook Account Settings

• IMAP
  • outgoing server details: SMPT, Primary mail server = mail.optusnet.com.au (On); under other servers mail.optusnet.com.au (On)
  • Outgoing Mail Server: Host name = mail.optusnet.com.au; username and password blank as optional; SSL = On

Please let me know of any other details required.

thanks

Andrew

0 Kudos
9 Replies

Re: Emails stuck in Outlook on iPad ISO 14

Hey @Sitbon, sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with those emails not sending. Was this only something that had recently started happening? Just doing some digging into this, does it list which Port you are connecting to for that may we ask? It may be worth raising this with our Support Staff via the My Optus App to ensure all the account settings for that email account are setup as intended. Rob

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi. I contacted optus via the app but no resolution.
0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Outlook may show username & password as optional but they are required by Optus. See here.

Were they able to raise a case for this @Sitbon? We can raise this for you from our team if not. If you can send through a message on our Official Optus Facebook or Twitter we'll get this checked out. 

Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for getting back Rob.

I’ve added my username (without @optunet.com.au) and password but the page stays stuck on ‘verifying’. Any ideas why?

Do I need to add details in advance settings tab? Or switch off?

I haven’t raised via Facebook as the page asks me for my DOB and don’t feel comfortable sharing that.

thanks

Andrew

0 Kudos

Thanks for giving that a go Andrew, Not too sure why it does get stuck when you attempt to verify. Were you provided with a reference within the app may we ask? We'll follow up with our Messenger team asap for you

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rob

Here is my case number. 100204774. If there is anything you can do to resolve my stuck emails I’d appreciate that.  As I said I can receive emails but not send.

is there a way to attach an image here? I have a snapshot of suggested settings Optus sent me.

I wonder when Optus will come into the 21C and support customers via a video chat option so you can actually discuss an issue in real time with visuals?

thanks

Andrew

0 Kudos

Thanks for sending that through, @Sitbon.

I've left a note on your case for your case manager to follow up on this as soon as possible. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for letting me know! Andrew

0 Kudos