Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Sirk123au
New Contributor
New Contributor

Email spam blocked no internet

Hi has anyone had there email spam blocked and then have no internet. I have 3 times now and it frustrates me optus tech support  says they are not related. I do not use the email address which was allocated to me and i do not know how it is sending spam as i set a maximum length random password. But as soon as they reset the email my internet works again. No one seems to know what is causing it and no one seems to believe me at optus tech.

If anyone has any suggestions on how i can resolve this issue that would be great but if i keep getting disconnect i will have to find a new service provider that does want to help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlexRH
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Email spam blocked no internet

Hi @Sirk123au, get that this would be frustrating 😞 Generally speaking, if an email is restricted due to spam it would be an automated process. Even if you don't use it, something has triggered the filters on our end to block the account until it's manually reviewed. 

It's unusual that your Broadband connection is experiencing issues at the same time - normally they are somewhat unrelated in this type of situation.

If you still need assistance, please PM me with your account number/username, full name and DOB so that I can check it out. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Sirk123au
New Contributor
New Contributor

How do I pm

0 Kudos
AlexRH
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Can see you've sent me a PM 🙂 I'm just getting back to you there now.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Click on the person name.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos