Searching...

Dropouts occuring at different times

Davo19

Hi Team

I have been experiencing multiple drop outs occuring at different times as stated below:

24 Feb 17

At 13H00, 13H32 & 13H50

25 Feb 17

At 13H12 & 16H21

26 Feb 17

At 12H30 & 12H48

It would be very much appreciated that Optus get more cvc and ask NBN to fix the congestion issue. Optus should be providing notification to user as to why suddenly there is connection drop out occurring at any moment.

Since I have been on this unreliable service, I'm not totally satisfied in terms of speed and resilience of the NBN network.

Re: Dropouts occuring at different times

Davo19

The drop outs still continue:

26 Feb 17

At 12H30, 12H48, 13H14 & 13H50

27 Feb 17

At 10H08, 10H23

Scott_M

Thanks for the update @Davo19. Dropouts like this would certainly be very frustrating. Congestion is an ISP issue not NBNco. I took the liberty of checking your service again and there is no longer any congestion registered on that part of the network. Have you performed a speed test recently. Could you post the results for me please? -  http://yesopt.us/speedtest

Highlighted

Davo19

Thanks for the reply @Scott_M  Well I thought it would be an ISP issue but one of your tech team member told me that it was NBNCo who needs to resolve such congestion trouble. Now, you are saying it is an ISP task meaning Optus

I have provided you with the speed test results. Check your inbox

Davo19

@Scott_M  I haven't received any response from you but I have been getting multiple replies from your other colleagues. I would very much appreciate that either you or same colleague do the follow up.  Thanks

Toomey

Apologies @Davo19, my team moderate the forum 24/7 so your enquiry will be picked up by the first available representative. I've just read the conversation history and it's best that we have Tech Support investigate this further, unfortunately my team just don't have the required tools for further testing. They'll need to speak with you while you're at home so it's best to call 131344 when you're free. I can submit a referral through to their team, it will just take a few days to be picked up. Feel free to send me a PM with your account number, full name, DOB and contact number if you would like me to organise that. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Frustr8ted

Drop outs are occuring regularly, sometimes for seconds others for minutes at a time and on a daily basis.  Modem has been replaced, so all is working when it works. What is happening to fix these unreliabiliuty issues which have deterriorated recently?

kimandlee
welcome to optus lol. they did the same thing with us, dropouts and issues. we called and complained quite alot, they said it was a problem with our local exchange, they said they fixed it, twice, and the problem still occured. this was on adsl2 mind you. optus have over sold their products, and cannot provide the services we are paying for. i honestly recommend another isp. sure, you can call up, and the problem gets sorted for a day, maybe 2, then its all back to slow nbn. 
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
101 Kudos
63 Kudos
26 Kudos
23 Kudos
18 Kudos