cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

DrayTek Vigor2311vac modem router to replace Optus Sagecom Router for FTTC NBN connection

Hello,
I am a technician hired by my client to improve speeds and network connectivity within their residence. Because they are running a home business and kids are being homeschooled it is vital that their internet speed and connection is top notch. At the moment they are on NBN50 cap but getting 20mbps down and 10-15upspeed. I am replacing their existing router (supplied by optus) with a Draytek Vigor2133vac, I need instructions on how this rd part router needs to be configured, whether it is a VDSL setup or VLAN2 tagging etc. Also will a username/password be required for this setup? Can someone please assist me and my customer.. Customer is very frustrated with tech support as theyweretoldthis is not possible and will need to use the Optus router whether they like it or not. This is not correct and is possible to have this Draytek router configured to Optus NBN. Please if someone can assist as opposed to getting another run around, this message will be the last straw for the customer as they will cut their connection over to another provider.

Regards,
Jason *****
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: DrayTek Vigor2311vac modem router to replace Optus Sagecom Router for FTTC NBN connection

As they have FTTC there is no special config required, just plug the DrayTak into the NBN box and off you go.....for internet at least.

If they require an Optus landline though then they will still need the Optus router, but it can be plugged into DrayTek and may/may-not need VoIP related settings. 

What is their current Optus supplied router? If its this one, and its replaced by the DrayTek then they will miss out on 4G backup except for anything connected to the Optus router.

As for speed, are the speed tests done via wifi or LAN? Any Optus supplied router should be able to handle a 50/20 connection without breaking a sweat over LAN. I doubt that the router is faulty (though wifi isn't the best with earlier models), more likely there is either a problem with the line or with in house phone wiring.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: DrayTek Vigor2311vac modem router to replace Optus Sagecom Router for FTTC NBN connection

Hey @Jasmatech

Just to add to @YetAnotherAcc post, if your customer wants to use an Optus Landline, the landline will have to be connected to the Optus Modem. I'm afraid we don't provide the VoIP configuration settings to our customers.

If they just want to use their Optus Internet connection without a landline, as @YetAnotherAcc mentioned, you should just be able to connect the Draytek directly to the NBN box. However, Optus will only be able to provide limited support with third-party devices.

We can run some test on their NBN connection to see if there are any issues on their line, they'll just need to message us in the My Optus app for further assistance.