cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Download speed not what I pay for?

Originally was up to the 25Mb/s paying for (according to Speedtest), but lately lucky to see 15Mb/s, at any time of day - mid morning, after lunch, or at night. Postcode 3095.

WTF?

jp

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Download speed not what I pay for?

Sounds like NBN. What technology type do you have? And how are you testing? Over WiFi or plugged directly into the modem?

Have you run any troubleshooting steps yet or spoken with support? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

NBN, HFC, wifi. ALL my testing has been done in the same setup, config. Nobody streaming, just me and Mrs browsing. Using Speedtest off google. bUsed to be consistently in the 20s, but lately its dropped another 5M.

What diagnostics can I do from inside home? 

thanks

john

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

First thing I'd do is connect to the modem directly via ethernet to rule out any issues with the WiFi. Have you performed a reset of the modems as well? Modems being plural as if you have HFC NBN you should have an Optus box and NBN box. There should also be a reset button on the NBN box, make sure to reset it as well.

Outside of that, if there's no improvement you'd need to call tech support. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Top Contributors