Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Delivery

@Joe57 wrote:

Well that is a problem... I'm buying the house and the previous tenants won't return the box.... they think they paid for it and they own it.

Whatever the installation fee they may/may not have paid for, it would not have included the NBN connection box.  That box it tied to the house and won't work at any other premises, the tenant could't use it elsewhere even if they wanted to.

Why don't NBN screw the thing to the wall.

They's probably unscrew it anyway.

Its a good thing they don't, I wouldn't want the thing screwed at my place.

I just spoke with Optus sales and they say, NBN box will be connected and no charge... who do I believe...

That Optus for you in a nutshell, they just can't seem be consistent with any information they provide.

are you an optus employee?.

Nope, just a Optus customer.

on chat and phone i'm told no problem box connected and no charge. you say I'll be charged...

I'm only going by what I've read in forums, so I don't know for a fact, and things do change.

The problem with Yes crowd is there is a lot of conflicting advice from people who don't work for optus... I'm just getting confused.

There wouldn't be conflicting information if Optus just come out and state the facts, but the problem is they don't, and their staff are constantly giving inconsistent information. Even when we know something to be a 100% fact and we challenge an Optus staff member about it when we are resolving our own issues they will still stick by their inconsistencies.

The Yes crowd tends to be more accurate as the information tends to come from real world experiences, either our own, or other experiences we have read about.

I'm just getting confused.

We all are.

But thanks anyway.

👍

0 Kudos
Joe57
Contributor
Contributor

How can I prove to these knuckleheads that The NBN box belongs at the house?

I've passed on the info re NBN sticker... but They won't return it.

I can't find anything online that officially states that. And that I can snap shot and send

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

No mention of a charge here Joe57: What to expect with Optus NBN Cable (HFC)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Ray_YC wrote:

No mention of a charge here Joe57: What to expect with Optus NBN Cable (HFC)

That also does not explicitly say it free either. Besides, I think that its an established fact the the initial installation is free, but what is being discussed here is replacing "missing" NBN equipment. 

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I've passed on the info re NBN sticker... but They won't return it.

On my FTTC modem it printed right on the device, you can't missed it.

I can't find anything online that officially states that. And that I can snap shot and send

I can't find anything either, and I've been looking for a while.

0 Kudos
Joe57
Contributor
Contributor

Well I've spoken with 3 separate sales reps from optus; each say, no fee for the NBN box and although a rare occurrence it has happened before and the only fee is the overpriced connection fee to flip the switch and send the optus sagem modem.... trouble is can take weeks to get an NBN tech to bring it.

I'm meant to take possession of the property tomorrow and my solicitor will demand return of the box prior to settlement.

The only problem may be that the old folks, tenants of the owner, were going grey nomading so it may be gone for good.

0 Kudos
Joe57
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks me either, I took a snap shot of whirpool forum but they may not take that as official.

I'm meant to take possession of the property tomorrow and my solicitor will demand return of the box prior to settlement.

The only problem may be that the old folks, tenants of the owner, were going grey nomading so it may be gone for good.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Good luck with that.

So maybe get the solicitor to inform them that failing a return of equipment that they will be required to reimburse you for any  fees you may incur (including the solicitors fees for chasing them up). One can only hope. 

0 Kudos
Joe57
Contributor
Contributor

She the seller is telling me I have to deal with her parents they are still saying they own it

My solicitor is now contacting her conveyancer and will get back to me.

it would be so much easier If NBN state It in PLAIN WRITING "BELONGS TO PROPERTY"

Stay tuned

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Joe57 wrote:

She the seller is telling me I have to deal with her parents they are still saying they own it

If she has NBN also (any kind) tell her to look at her own device and there should be a "Do not remove from premises" statement printed on it somewhere.  Maybe that will convince her that they should not have taken it.

it would be so much easier If NBN state It in PLAIN WRITING "BELONGS TO PROPERTY"

Agreed.

0 Kudos