Searching...
Highlighted

Does it usually take two months and more than five visits to migrate from Optus Cable to Optus NBN?

pkross

I am trying to migrate to Optus NBN from the superior HFC Cable.

Every time I am asked to be on site by Optus for a tech, an NBN Co tech turns up, says that the copper pair at the front of my house is live, and leaves.

I speak to Optus and tell them that I need it cabled to the comms point in my house where they installed my modem ten years ago and I explain the situation they tell me that the will send someone from BSA Services out to do the cabling.

They book a time, I take a day off work and an NBN tech turns up and tells me that the copper pair is active and that Optus needs to run the extra cabling.

I speak to Optus and they tell me that the will send someone from BSA Services out to do the cabling.

Then they send another NBN Co tech.

I have spoken to more Optus staff than I care to mention. They try to be polite but one one can solve this issue.

Am I better off getting another provider?

It's funny that Optus will not let me add a tag for TIO!

Re: Does it usually take two months and more than five visits to migrate from Optus Cable to Optus N

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

That is funny that TIO isn't allowed. Smiley Happy

It seems pretty obvious something is getting stuffed up and it is Optus job to sort it on your behalf - either by running the cable or getting NBNCo to do it. I can only suggest you try again and try make it quite clear what the works required are. Yes a different RSP might do a better job but you'll need to get Optus to remove the NBN install request (ie. cancel the order) first before another RSP can book works with NBN I believe.

Peter Gillespie

Re: Does it usually take two months and more than five visits to migrate from Optus Cable to Optus N

pkross

Thanks Peter... I have made it very clear what is required but Optus say the understand... but here I am again.  

Ray_YC

Definitely sounds like an unnecessary run around and a frustrating experience.

This is not something that we can assist with here on the forum.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please chat with us.
If for some reason it is still not resolved, please follow our complaints process.
Let us know how you go. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

pkross

Sadly, no... over the weekend Optus has cut off my phone and my internet access.

This is not a happy state of affairs.

petergdownload

Not great at all. Its unclear if the cut off is because Optus shut down their HFC network three months after the NBN arrives in your area. If this is the case then you won't be getting it put back on. If its just an administrative thing then hopefully Optus can re-activate your olf HFC line (They're not allowed to turn it off until a functional NBN connection is confirmed if an order is in play)

Good Luck

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
100 Kudos
60 Kudos
26 Kudos
23 Kudos
18 Kudos