cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
THL_OZ
New Contributor
New Contributor

Does Optus actually have staff in Australia?

This may sound like a strange question but after my experience over recent Months, I am seriously wondering if there is anyone in this country who can actually influence the delivery of services.  It is not as if I am asking for anything strange or unusual. All we want is a reliable NBN Voice and Data service in metropolitan Brisbane. As simple as that seems on the surface, it must be incredibly difficult to achieve because after 3 months and 4 attempts it is still proving problematic. I am left thinking that the NBN is either very poorly designed or the Optus people I have been dealing with are incompetent. I can't dream up a viable 3rd alternative. 

When I ask to speak to a manager in Australia the response suggest that there are none. Has Optus exported all customer-facing jobs to India and the Philippines? It certainly looks that way. Any time, escalation is needed beyond the grunts who answer the phone, it takes 3-5 business days for the next step in the process and then when it happens, it is another person in India or the Philippines. When they finally talk to you, they promise the world, throw some money at you in the form of a credit on your account to compensate you for the inconvenience, apologise profusely and, so far, achieve nothing towards solving the problem. 

So back to my original question. Is there anyone in Australia at Optus who actually cares about the customer experience? If so, how do I get to talk to them about my abysmal experience in trying to achieve a simple outcome that is supposed to be their core business? 

Update from later in the day. I got a call this afternoon from a Customer Care person. I am still no closer to having a working connection but I do now understand that it takes 3-5 days to get to speak to someone who can solve a hard problem because of the volume of hard problems (and the lack of people who can fix them). I asked the young lady if this was an indication that Optus was selling a product that was not fit for purpose or of merchantable quality. It was then that she dropped the gem that Optus had backed away from selling NBN because of the service quality issues. I am not sure that anyone has told Optus Marketing that news. Maybe we all should be getting a refund of our subscription fees. If anyone from Optus Management wants the name of the Customer Care person so they can verify my account of events you know where to find me. 

5 Replies
Felicity_YC
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Does Optus actually have staff in Australia?

Hi @THL_OZ, so sorry for the frustration caused by this situation. It sounds like you've been in contact with someone who is helping you, but should you need any more help feel free to send a PM to one of the Yes Crowd team - here's a link to PM @Dan_C http://yesopt.us/pmdan for you - and include a case number and your account details. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
THL_OZ
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Felicity,

Are you located in Australia? 

0 Kudos
Felicity_YC
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi, we have staff in customer service in lots of different locations and we usually don't share the location of specific staff members for privacy reasons. All of our customer service team members receive the same level of training and should be able to assist with your query, regardless of where they are answering your question from. If you need help resolving your issue one of the Yes Crowd team would be more than happy to get your details via PM and look into it for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

I've just replied back @THL_OZ.

I'll chat with you there. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
THL_OZ
New Contributor
New Contributor

Felicity,

It seems to me that Optus has a systemic problem with customer service compounded by a further systemic problem with delivering its core services in a reliable way. I am getting a lot of activity from people like you who are trying to empathise with me but no one seems to be fixing the problem. Is it just me, or is there a problem here?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Top Contributors