Searching...

Re: Do I need a username & password for NBN??

pwright

Your welcome Dan!
Sometimes you have to resort to reading the Manual as you get a bit older Smiley Happy

At least I didnt get sniped by that @Paddylee, thought you may have higher standards for a Crown Champion (hehe) Smiley LOL

Paddylee

Coughs.....

Curls up into fetal position...

Crys a little.

And like always - remember to update the firmware on your devices.

https://www.tp-link.com/au/download/Archer-VR600.html#Firmware

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Dan_C

Well, given some of the great posts I've seen of yours - you're definitely on your way! 

Keep it up mate, I'm loving it. I hope it's not a big ask, but would you be happy for us tag you in a couple of threads (when the occasion calls it for it ofcourse)? Smiley Wink 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Dan_C

Haha! @Paddylee

Tears of joy of course. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

pwright

No worries at all, Tag away.   You can blame @Paddylee for getting me hooked, happy to help, its nice to be part of the Optus Community.  He's ok by the way, no longer in the fetal position, I sent a tea spoon of cement his way... (with affection obviously!) Smiley Very Happy

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

Hahahhaha! Awesome! 

Love it Smiley Very Happy 

Heads up, I've sent you a PM. 

Solution

ConfusedJen

Thank you @Dan_C @Paddylee @petergdownload @pwright !!! I finally got it. I had to not choose Optus from their list of ISP because that made it a PPPoE I had to choose "other" so I could then change it to Dynamic IP and after a long think it connected. So glad I can finally go to bed and not think about modems all night.

Highlighted

Felicity_YC

I do love reading a solved problem in the morning. Top work @pwright@Paddylee and @Dan_C, and I'm so happy @ConfusedJen can dream of things other than modems now Cat Happy

Newie2299

Hey there, thanks for asking this question as I too am having trouble getting my tplink n600 to connect. I also got info from live chat that I needed to apply my user name and password which didn't work.

This modem is adsl2 and vdsl2. I got it to work with adsl but haven't been able to get it to connect on vdsl. So once I'm home I'll try what's been advised and hopefully will get the same result. 

My saegom is ok but WiFi is crap. Even a tech told me it wasn't a good modem and I had $60 applied to my account to go towards a new modem so hope i can get it to work. It's a shame optus are closely guarding the settings to help customers use their own modems. I understand there's a lot of modems with differing settings but the basics would be nice.

Anyway will post back if I get it to work. Wish me luck. 

Ethan

Dan_C

@Newie2299, does the guide I've linked below help at all?

Using a BYO modem on Optus NBN

Let us know how it all goes. If you do need a hand, we're happy to try and help out. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
111 Kudos
41 Kudos
31 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos