cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Dns problem when internet range extender installef

Installed a net gear internet range extender. Works with Android phones but not Apple or Windows devices. These devices get a dns error when connecting to the original modem. This occurs even when the range extender is turned off. Nbn modem is Sagemcom supplied by optus
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Dns problem when internet range extender installef

If its working on Android phones then its unlikely to be a DNS problem but rather just a general connection problem. You need to make your Apple and Windows devices use Automatic IP/DHCP for their internet connections types.

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Checked this it was already set to automatic DHCP. The net gear extender is turned off, I restarted router and modem and problem still exists. Should I do a hard reset of the router, ie push a pin into a tiny hole at the back
0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Should I do a hard reset of the router, ie push a pin into a tiny hole at the back

It shouldn't do any harm other then loosing any custom setting you have made to to the Optus router. If you do this make sure the extender is still turned off, that will eliminate the possibility of the extender causing any conflicts. 

I'm struggling to think of a reason Android works but Apple and Windows don't.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors