cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Discovery Channel access suddenly stopped.

I used to get Discovery Channel (I have Knowledge Channel Pack listed on my monthly bill) but it seems to have lost access. This may have happened after moving to NBN but I cannot be sure. Following advice from another thread (petergdownload) I did a soft reset but to no effect - it still tells me I am not subscribed to that channel. The solution also suggested "unsubscribing and resubscribing" but I am loathe to  do that without some guidance for fear of losing everything.  Any suggestions?  Or would a hard reset losing all our saved programmes be best to try first?  Thanks,  Jim

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Discovery Channel access suddenly stopped.

Hi @Jimbo53, thanks for reaching out to us here.

Just to confirm, you have checked from your remote to confirm if you are subscribed to the knowledge pack? You can check using your Fetch remote and go to Manage > Subscriptions.

If not subscribed, then please subscribe.

Apart from this make sure the channel is not hidden by doing →  go to Main Menu > Manage > Settings > Channels.

If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team via the messaging service to assist you further.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I did indicate that I was not subscribed and I had already checked it wasn't hidden. In the end I subscribed via the Fetch box to the Ultimate pack (as it recommended rather than just the Knowledge pack) . I am now left wondering if my next Optus bill will have Ultimate Pack on top of my existing Mighty + Knowledge + Sport that I am already subscribed to or if someone has the sense to rationalise my account. Past experience doesn't give me a lot of hope. Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted

We'd be happy to look into your account and see what's going on @Jimbo53

Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.

If you still need a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

Top Contributors