Searching...
Highlighted

Direspectful and appalling customer service

rkiperman

After 20 days waiting I expected a technician to connect my NBN this morning, as per email received from Optus. This is the second no-show and I waited from 8-12PM for nothing. I then called and after 1hr I was able to talk to a supervisor. He could not sort out my issue and guaranteed that his manager was calling me in one hour. It has been 3.5hrs and no call.

At this stage I have no NBN, no resolution and the only solution is to go back to line (at least 10 days) and attempt to re-lodge a re-location request - the same solution proposed 15 days ago with no success.

My relocation number is 64743853A - this is appalling. After 10 yeasrs as a customer I will be forced to break a contract, and lodge a lawsuit to view my money back. Meanwhile wait 30 days for any other operator to install my NBN.

Great work Optus!! impressive customer service and outstanding lack of accountability and ownership by your supervisors.

Re: Direspectful and appalling customer service

Jeneral__Pain

Given you are moving to an NBN, you like all of us are at the mercy of NBN showing up. Every provider has the same problem of making a booking and the NBN failing to show up and not telling anyone. 

The lack of accountability is across the board not just Optus, but if Optus aren’t being told by NBN that they aren’t showing, how do you expect them to tell you? Crystal ball? Magical knowing?

if you feel hard done by, www.optus.com.au/complaints and the CRG team will get involved. Again, nbn will have to rebook.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

rkiperman

Sorry, will agree to disagree with you.

it is not my problem that Optus or any other provider cannot communicate with NBN Co. I merely and timely requested a relocation and 20+ days afterwards there is still no solution.

i assume the solution would have to come from Optus not me right?

pathetic service, off the shelf answers, all queries are answered with a pre determined script...

let’s see how this goes and for how long... conpensation will definitely be sought.

Jeneral__Pain

"it is not my problem that Optus or any other provider cannot communicate with NBN Co. I merely and timely requested a relocation and 20+ days afterwards there is still no solution. "

Yes you requested a relocation, however Optus (and any other RSP if you did the same "timely application") would have to request NBNCo to attend and connect you. NBNCo are notorious for not showing up, not telling anyone and simply going "Whoops, our bad, deal with it" (I could link you to about 100+ threads on Whirlpool of customers in the exact same boat). This isn't to diminish anything you are saying, but if Optus aren't told, how can they tell you?

"i assume the solution would have to come from Optus not me right?"

Optus can request NBNCo to re-attend again and get a timeframe window from them when that will occur. Beyond that, there is nothing Optus can do to "Escalate" NBNCo to move their backside. Sadly, NBNCo is just like Telstra Wholesale was back in the monopoly days, you want internet, you'll bend to their will.

I really think if you believe Optus is misleading/not doing what you ask, you should lodge a formal complaint via www.optus.com.au/complaints to let CRG investigate it further. But I would be calling Optus during business hours tomorrow (yes I know, we all work, as do I), that way you can get someone to actually get on the phone from the Optus end with NBNCo to go "hey, you missed this appointment, you must attend" (ps: NBNCo gets fined for missed appointments not by the RSPs but by the government).

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
106 Kudos
39 Kudos
32 Kudos
13 Kudos
12 Kudos