cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor warwick
Contributor

Re: Direct Number for NBN Tech Support?

Let me be the latest to join the club complaining about this issue.  We've had Optus NBN service since August 2017.  A week ago the overhead cable servicing our house was hit by a truck and was hanging low over the street ready to be taken down completely by the next truck.  I used some rope to pull it up as much as I could then went looking for help on the Optus website.  After failing to find any useful numbers I used the live chat facility only to be told that they could not help me and that I would have to contact < 

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/report-damage/ >.  I did so, and reported the damage via the site.  I received an email shortly afterwards to say that an agent from Optus would be in contact within 2 business days.  Seven days later, no contact, so I called  1800 505 777 (the number on the 'report damage' webpage) to be told that a service request had been raised but that they couldn't tell me any more.  After being transferred from one agent to another three times I asked for a reference number so that I could report the matter to the TIO.  That seemed to trigger some real action because I was then transferred to an agent in ‘NBN Technical Support from Optus’ who has now made an appointment for a technician to fix it in two days time.  I thanked him and asked for a contact number in case similar problems arise in the future and was given the number 1300 300 427.  I defy anyone at Optus or any of the moderators of these forums to show me where this number is listed on the Optus website.  

My advice to others with service problems?  

1.  Use the 'live chat' facility because you can print out the transcript to use in evidence when you complain to the TIO.  

2.  As soon as you start to get the run around, request a reference number so that you can lodge a complaint with the TIO.

3.  Keep a record of all voice communications, again for evidence.

If you still get nowhere, you might like to go to a big Optus outlet at a busy time when it's full of potentially new customers and ask the staff to solve the problem.   As soon they start to give you the run around raise your voice a notch and start all over again.  If that doesn't work, raise your voice another notch (but without becoming abusive) until all potential customers within earshot are well aware that you are a frustrated Optus customer who will be complaining to the TIO unless the matter is resolved there and then.  

I know that some might think this not fair because most if not all of the Optus shops are franchises, not really Optus, but they are the closest that you will ever get to eyeballing a real Optus person and they can pull strings that we can't.

Optus is a tragedy in the true sense of that word.  The product that they deliver is mostly OK most of the time.  Their technicians, once you can finally get one on site, are usually good value who will fix the problem and often go the estra mile.  I have nothing but praise for them.  But when it comes to answering requests for service or accepting complaints Optus are abysmal.  

Contributor warwick
Contributor

So the saga continues.  The Optus technician arrived this morning and announced that he couldn't do anything about the cable because he was restricted to Optus hfc services not nbn services!  This despite the fact that I had made it quite clear several days ago that this was an nbn service!  So I called 1300 300 427 ad eventually got through to tech support who explained that this was a problem that nbnco had to deal with.  I was told that I need to email complaints@nbnco.com.au with the complaint ID in the subject line and two photos of the problem and what solution I want !  So I signed up with Optus to provide and maintain a service to me as a customer and now I have to become an unpaid lackey for them !  Optus, your service stinks and I will do my best to let everyone I meet know about this.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@warwick, do you have the fault ticket number handy? This all seems awfully strange. 

You've previously advised that the "overhead cable servicing our house" had been damaged. 

Unless you're a resident of Queensland, NBN do not connect homes using Optus overhead lead in cables. NBN-HFC areas are serviced by Telstra's underground HFC lead in cables. 

Some areas in Queensland were chosen as a pilot site for HFC-NBN (using our lead in's) however the plan to incorporate Optus lead in cables as part of the wider NBN Network was abandoned.

You're welcome to send us a private message with your account details. I need your full name, DOB and account number. We'll try and figure out what's happened with this one. I just need you to click on the URL below.

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Cyril69
New Contributor

I was looking to replace my ISP (TPG) with another that has better customer service. FINDER, told me that Optus has the best customer service but I see it is as bad or actually looks worse than what I have at the moment. Somewhere their will be a company who looks after their customers so my search continues.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor murphyhawkins
Occasional Contributor

I note that you still did not provide the number. I have been down for two days and there is no assistance from Optus. My last call was over 2 hours with several transfers and multiple reboot attempts on the router and NBN gateway. We have had no internet for 4 days now and no assistance from Optus. Reference Number 15246374166. The last conversation was with "Joe" from the Philippines call centre in the "NBN One" Team.  WTF?? When are you guys going to assist me??????

New Contributor Setinstone
New Contributor

Hi,Well let me join the queue of frustrated people trying to get my phone fixed and NBN fixed.To date four days of calls eight and a half hours of listening to "Technicians" repeating the same thing only to get another twenty minute wait for another "Technician" repeating the same thing like a trained parrot.Optus service for NBN sucks,

0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

Has this been resolved since posting @Setinstone? If you've got a fault number handy I can take a look and get an update for you 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor blackshadow
Occasional Contributor

Well, looking back at this, it has been over 1 year since we asked the question “What is the number we can call to obtain technical assistance” because using the well known 1300 300 427 number sent you directly to the padded room. Amazingly, even after ‘help’ or whatever they call it, from the moderators, the simple question we asked still has not been answered. I find this extraordinary to say the least. Why couldnt they simply be honest and admit there is no such number nor any such tech team. I’m sort of sorry for the post, but seriously, how funny is this particularly for a large company?Smiley LOL  As we all know, the bigger a company the less effecient they become and the less they can support the clients.

0 Kudos
New Contributor savasyazici
New Contributor

With TPG, I was able to call technical service 24/7. With optus, that's not possible. I encourage all of you to raise complaints to the ombudsman which I will do. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Hey @savasyazici, our Tech Support team is 24/7, available on 131344 or via Live Chat.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos