Searching...

Direct Number for NBN Tech Support?

inokku

Hi all,

Hope you guys have had a better experience upgrading to NBN than I have.

Recently upgraded from ADSL to NBN, had the guy come by and connect everything. Next day got a text from Optus confirming that it was activated. But it still wasn't working.

Enlisted the help of an optus guy 3 days ago, went through the hoops of turning modem off / on, resetting from the back etc and still no avail, and he said that he's flagged my case with another 'urgent' team, and they'll be in contact with me in 48 hours.

That 48 hours is well and truly lapsed, and I'm still internet-less.

Have tried calling both 131 344 and 1300 300 427, and technical support consultants on both lines are can see the ticket number details etc, but they can't assist further, and tell me to call the other number saying it's the direct line for NBN 24/7 technical support.

- as you know, calling the above numbers again simply brings me to the back of the queue with another 45 minute wait time.

This is getting very frustrating.

If someone knows if a direct number

- or the series of numbers to punch with the automated system directory to get to them

-> that would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Re: Direct Number for NBN Tech Support?

blackshadow

Same for me thank you. A direct number to an ACTUAL PERSON tech support is required as I cannot get the home phone to work with my new replacement Sagemcom dual band AC modem. Phoning 1300300427 is completely useless and sends you round and round in circles. Thank for any help.

Revenant

I totally agree I'm on my 2nd nbn modem as they said that the first one was not working however it did work for nearly 24 hours.  

Now I've been on hold for 20 minutes.  Probably get disconnected like usual, but it's still not working.  Yet they can't give data onto an Optus mobile.  Instead making me pay extra even though they are not giving me something I am paying for.  

I dobt Int want to look for another provider  but I will of this doesn't get fixed soon. 

Samcpa

You are not the only one who is suffering and struggling to connect to optus. I still regret why did i connected to optus. First i struggled to find a contact number to call for support on their website they only have number for a sales team. Even if you call on support number they will ask you thousand queastions before they put you in a que for next 1 hour then when they find talk to you and will tell you that sorry you came to wrong department and transfer you to another and ill put u in que for another 45 minuts and when the next person picks up the call and tell you that sorry i dont have solution for this problem .. burger!!!

Damoandsez

Surprisingly I have personally had some great success by using the 24/7 online chat service for NBN related issues. I like the fact that everything is in writing and you can copy & paste that out for later follow up if required. You can probably forget about it tonight as there are some major NBN issues going on at the moment which are saturating the support response times.  Good Luck in getting things sorted.

Dan_C

Hey guys,

I'm sorry that you've both had so much trouble getting through to us yesterday evening. We did have a nationwide outage that impacted approximately 96,000 customers. Due to the number of customers attempting to get through, you may of experienced difficulty getting in touch with one of our consultants. I can confirm that the issue has been resolved and service has been returned to normal. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

blackshadow

Thanks for nothing Dan C. Next time, try reading the posts from the start. Or at least the title of the posts! So this means, as it is now 12th December, in 6 months we have not be able to find out a direct number to an actual person who can assist us. The number doesnt exist obviously. Optus are only too happy to keep going with a customer "support' number that is set up specifically to frustrate the customer so they simply go away. 

Dan_C

Hi @blackshadow,

I do admit that on that particular day we were experiencing an influx of similar enquiries. Obviously I've jumped the gun and presumed that the most recent replies to the thread (considering it's now 6 months old) it didn't seem right to respond to the OP 6 months after the fact. Again, I'm sorry that you've had trouble getting through but we do have several points of contact. Our NBN tech team can be reached on → 1300300427. We also have a direct link to broadband live chat here → www.optus.com.au/livechat/pbb.

You can also reach out to our social media team on FB or Twitter. I myself form part of that time and I've always been happy to help out. Feel free to send us a private message. I'll need your full name, DOB and account number. I'm more than happy to discuss the matter with you further.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

slbm

pity the chat windows don't work!! pity the number sends you round and round in circles until it hangs up on you.

johndal

Yesterday, 11/1/18 internet was down in my area for 8 hours. So no web, no landline phone, My only communication was vai my mobile phoe. It is a fairly recent Galaxy S6 with a 5 inch screen. After some time I decided to use the Yes Optus app to look for network ststus information or some information on the outage. A most frustrating experience on a small screen.

Possibly because I was calling from a mobile phone everywhere I went assumed I wanted to buy a phone, change my mobile plan or in some way interract with my mobile service by default. Many screens there was no easy way out but back to the start. Even when I found a choice which supported NBN and broadband - to select it was to find that it was another pathway to mobile services. 

After more than half a very frustrating hour I eventually found the 1300 phone number and after a few selections got a recorded messsage which confirmed what I knew, that there was an outage, what I guessed, that you were working on it, and that there was no further information available, which caused me to throw my phone at the wall - almost.

I do not like random web browsing on a phone screen, It is OK when you know what you are doing on a known site but searching for you are not sure what or where can be fristrsting, I am a big screen jockey. I was hoping that the Optus app would simplify the process and am very disappointed. Every other ISP I have used sincwe the mid 1990s had some simple and quick way to (try) get outage information when all is down. I am disappointed with this aspect of Optus.

It is good having

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
112 Kudos
41 Kudos
31 Kudos
18 Kudos
15 Kudos