Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Date of Birth, Please fix it.

My daughter, Wendy-Anne, bought a mobile phone at an Optus Shop in the Ipswich, QLD area during or before 2014. When entering her identification the salesperson must have been faced with a screen showing Wendy Anne, with a date-of-birth 29 years earlier. They proceeded to CHANGE my date-of-birth to my daughter's and completed the sale. Since then whenever I contact Optus with any query or problem with my services I am asked,  "can you confirm your date of birth because it doesn't match our system".

I went into an Optus Shop with my daughter in October 2016. We both completed forms and provided identification but nothing was fixed.

My daughter currently has NO accounts or services with Optus and married in 2016, so would have a different Surname anyway. Guess who owns my NBN, Fetch and Sports Package that were connected in December 2017 ??

Enough is enough.

I need someone to fix the date-of-birth on MY Optus Services and give them back to ME, Please.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Date of Birth, Please fix it.

Hey @wschuck5, sorry to hear of the difficulties getting this fixed. I'll need to check your account notes from back in October to see why this was never completed. From there I can go ahead and assist in getting this done.

Please send me a private message with your account number, full name and the 2 date of births. I'll check it out and follow up asap.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you @Toomey and @Dan_C for your help.

Now I just need access to My Account page as it says that I am "Not authorised" to view it.

Thanks again in advance 🙂 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@wschuck5, I've just sent you another PM 🙂 We'll get that sorted for you. I just need the email address that you've used to register your my account. Look forward to hearing back. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy