cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: DNS Hijacking (F@ST 5366)

Firmware update seems to have fixed things. Double post apologies

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

What software version

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I've been on SG4Y1TM001009 for 8 days now, still can't change it.
0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Firmware is now SG4Y1TM001009. The DNS field on the router is left at default (filled first field, second field blank), and I reapplied to devices as I would have on my old router.

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

not-fixed.PNGStill appears broken for me, on firmware version SG4Y1TM001009. I have a new info banner telling me to leave the fields blank, but I have no choice in the matter since both fields are greyed out.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes, you cannot change it in the modem, but it no longer hijacks the DNS. You must change the DNS Server on the device.
0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Okay, but the problem of not being able to set a custom DNS on this router still exists. Why are these fields even visible if they are not editable? I consider this a bug. If not this forum, where can I submit a request that it be fixed?

Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

yes I need this fixed too. The old Netgear modem router had an OpenDNS setup THAT WAS PROVIDED BY OPTUS and was great as I could add some safety to the home network with little kids on devices.

Now I have nbn and the ability to have OpenDNS is gone. WHY? 

#sagemcom

#nbn

#DNS

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

This is so frustrating.
I'm happy enough with the router sent to us by Optus (the FAST5366), but I'm ticked off that we can't change DNS settings. Changing DNS on each device simply won't work for us (we're a large family with many, many devices).
I also have very limited computer skills - actually learning where and how to change DNS settings is the pinnacle for me.
Is there any chance that Optus will eventually allow us to change the DNS settings, or should I give up hope?
New Contributor
New Contributor

"Is there any chance that Optus will eventually allow us to change the DNS settings, or should I give up hope? "

The answer is that you should give up hope. The reason behind this is because Optus does not allow third party stuff, which includes the use of third party DNS.

Optus has the ability to fix it in terms of the software side of things, but it's restricted by the policy so the teams can't change it.

Sad, hope somebody will make a custom firmware for the router to give us every single setting there is available to us.

0 Kudos