Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
MRM94
New Contributor
New Contributor

DECT phone to Optus modem

Hi. I’ve got a Telstra t-voice 503 dect phone that I’m trying to connect to an Optus sagemcom modem. I have fibre to node nbn. I was told I could use this phone and have used the cables that came with it to try and connect. The cable has a PSTN and DSL connector as well as a filter. The handset itself has no port. I have plugged the PTSN into phone line 2 on the Optus modem and pressed pair and one of the lights flashed(not phone but ( WAS)I think. I figured this was working and tried to register on the handset but no joy. Has anyone successfully connected a phone with no port to Optus modem? Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: DECT phone to Optus modem

Hey @MRM94 - I see what you're trying to do here. 
I'm afraid you can't use filters with NBN connections & it sounds like your handset may not be compatible.

I'd recommend speaking with our techs via 131344 for some further insight. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
MRM94
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: DECT phone to Optus modem

Hi shauna.

thanks for your reply. I will call the techs. Hopefully they will have a solution because I did tell the representative that signed me up that I had a wireless internet phone and he said I would still be able to use it the same as with my previous nbn modem. 

Thanks

0 Kudos