Searching...
Accepted Solution

D Link DSL 2885A for NBN connection

[ Edited ]
tosaka

I've bought a DLink DSL 2885A for my NBN service.  But it can't get connected to the internet. 

the DSL light is green but the internet is red. I'm sure it's a VDSL modem and supports all types of NBN

The Optus support is totally useless. They can tell you nothing but reset, restart if it's still not working do it again. 

The modem they sent to me is working fine.

I'm thinking the username and the password is wrong, and they sent me "so called" temporary password several times. None of them works. Meanwhile, the old modem is still working!!!

Shouldn't it stop working if the PPPoE password is changed?  Now I doubt whether they have understood my request.  

I've tried to call and chat online with them for more than 5 times.  Totally waste of time. And I have to wait about half an hour to get connected 

Is there any way I can check it myself or anyone can tell what the problem is?

Re: D Link DSL 2885A for NBN connection

GrantK

Which type of NBN connection do you have?

tosaka

FTTN

Solution

GrantK

I believe you shouldn't require a username/password as you would have an Arris CM8200.  Try also setting it to IPoE.

tosaka

thanks it's finally worked.Smiley Very Happy

tosaka

I think their support is lack of knowledge. They don't know what is going on and keep telling you to restart or reset. I doubt they even don't know NBN is using VDSL cause when they "guide" me to do the settings they always say ADSL.  

Through my experience, I feel the support is useless when I encounter a problem not only this time but every time I have a technical problem

Gilter

Hi I have a dlink modem 2885a just wonder how to set my dlink to the nbn I have problem setting it up I have fttn . Your help would be great.  I tried the wizard select vdsl and my login and password no luck

Highlighted

Micksch

Hi Mate,

I have the exact problem as you have down to the last sentence. I bought it because i could not stop hackers from seting up my sagem fast router to the point they had there own ports nominated for them selfs i rang optus several times and a technicion said not compatibell with optusnet settings "them sagem routers are sett to a nominated download and upload speed what ever it is the fiberoctive upgraid will go much faster i beleive. many years ago i was mucking around with the sting of the router and deleated my password by accident. i rang optus to find out what was wrong and they guided me through the prosess of re entering the password unfortunately i dont remember but i will try again after this the one thing i remeber it was a simple default password like 12345678

thanks mate

Michael

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
110 Kudos
41 Kudos
31 Kudos
18 Kudos
14 Kudos