cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor elfysh1
New Contributor

'Customer Service' never follows through on credit

After a nightmare time connecting to the NBN, I was promised by three separate 'customer service persons' at least a month's credit on my bill - however my bill doesn't reflect any credit at all - just full charges as per usual.  I had to contact Optus 5 times regarding non-delivery of a router and was continually told one of a number of excuses:

'the first (or second, or third) order wasn't processed correctly' (blame shifting)

'you don't need a new router - the old one will work' (Rubbish - ADSL routers do NOT work with NBN)

'your router is sitting on a shelf in the warehouse - for some unknown reason' (more blame shifting)

It was only after Optus DISCONNECTED my ADSL connection, even though I kept telling them I had NOT RECEIVED THE NEW ROUTER, that the router finally turned up a couple of days later - AT THE WRONG ADDRESS!!!  It was sent to my home, not to the service address which is an apartment we own for our son across the harbour bridge.

So hours of MY WASTED TIME on the phone to 'customer service', having to drive from one side of Sydney to the other and pay tolls to go and install the NBN router myself, and numerous promises of CREDIT on my account - what to I get?  A full charge bill and no credit.  Well, what else should I expect?

And how many times do I have to say that I want to speak to somebody in AUSTRALIA about this terrible debacle because the overseas customer service is RUBBISH?  Well, at least once more I suppose.......

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: 'Customer Service' never follows through on credit

Hi @elfysh1, A

As long the consultant who'd offered the credit left a note on the account, the next agent should be able to go in and process the credit.

We work closely with our Social Media service team down in Melbourne, I'd really suggest messaging the team on either Facebook or Twitter. They'll definitely be able to help out with this one.

Even if there isn’t a clear note, they’ll be able to check the time that’s lapsed between your original NBN activation date and the date you started using the service. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor elfysh1
New Contributor

Re: 'Customer Service' never follows through on credit

Yeah, thanks for that Dan however I do not have any social media presence so no twitter or facebook. I have logged a complaint with Optus about the issue on Thursday.  Apparently they will get back to me in two days....yeah, right

0 Kudos