cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Peterwelly
Occasional Contributor

Constant dropouts on FTTN

I have a situation where the NBN modem will show as connected, however we will have no interent or phone. I have to turn the modem off and then on again to get the internet back. I have called optus about this and the person on the phone said they needed to change something at there end to eliminate the issues? Not sure what he did but it only worked for a couple of days.

Does anyone have any ideas why this would be occuring. We used to have horrendous ADSL issues when it rained, NBN claims that wont be an issue now. I think it may be as the problem is genrally around when it is raining although not only at that time.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Re: Constant dropouts on FTTN

Hey @Peterwelly - thanks for reaching out! When you called us, were you given any fault reference numbers? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Peterwelly
Occasional Contributor

Yes, but unfortunately I didn't record it. They now feel it is the modem and have sent a new one. Will update this thread when it arrives. The service dropped out 5 times yesterday. Each time required modem restart.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Ah okay. Let us know when you get the new modem and how everything goes!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos