cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor and1wa
New Contributor

Re: Constant Slow NBN Speeds

AM in Byford WA 6122 and NBN has been poor for last two weeks.  Today speed test just 1.9mb on 100/40.  Been advised after call to technical support that technicians are in the area and a text will be sent when speeds return to normal. A few questions why was I the one to make contact to find this out and how long before is fixed, support could not offer an ETA. Also Optus have both an email address, an emergency email address and a mobile on file yet I had to pass on the mobile number.

Contributor Fordguy
Contributor

Mine works reasonable at 5:00am but once the public start waking up within 1/2 an hour it turns to mud peaking at night 0.06kp/s

0 Kudos
Contributor Fordguy
Contributor

Would love that speed in Quinn’s/Mindarie area. 0.06kb/s in peak times

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Pixo
Occasional Contributor

Yikes!!

Capture3.JPG

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Cheers for the PM @Pixo, I'll get back to you there.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for this update:

I can see that there's peak time slows affecting the area however we don't have an ETA on when you can expect the service to be upgraded at this stage. I can see that your mobile number has been added to the congestion register so you'll be notified via SMS when the CVC in the area is scheduled for upgrades.

May I ask what are the Service Provider's (Optus') obligations in terms of the speed provided relative to the speed sold?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I'm continuing to monitor my non-peak time speeds over the next 48 hours or so since the reset of my NTD (network termination device) to monitor whether there has been any performance improvement as requested.

Capture4.JPG

I think we've found the bottom now.

Please help me.

RetiredModerator Hannah-L
RetiredModerator

Agh! Smiley Sad Are you able to try a 3rd party speed test and see if that works please?

0 Kudos
Contributor Fordguy
Contributor

Now you will get the standard " contact our retention team to look at your options going forward" message. 😜

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

From Speedtest.net

Capture5.JPG