Searching...

Re: Constant Slow NBN Speeds

Fordguy

Look at this little picture. Congestion blamed for this performance. Upgrade coming, when ? Only been connected 4 months and 3 months plus has been so slow we use our mobile 4G

Download speed of 0.07MB/s

JustinB

Hey @pmanginsay - sorry to hear that you're having problems with the speeds that you're receiving. Can I confirm if you notice a decrease in these during peak times? Are you connecting to the modem directly via an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi when you're running the speed test? If Wi-Fi, can you please try connecting to it via an Ethernet cable and let us know if you notice an improvement?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Pixo

Capture.PNG

Pixo

I am also paying for the 50/20 speed boost. Last night I was told that a network upgrade was affecting my performance. Tonight?

Pixo

Ok. Technical support state that I am impacted by a major network upgrade. This has no estimated end-date. I'm told that if I'm not advised after 4wks from now that this has been completed, I can call for an update. I was only connected on Wednesday (2d ago). No one mentioned this upgrade when I signed up to bring all of my services across to Optus. Now I am on a service that - albeit in the future will be whiz-bang - has taken me from Telstra's fast cable of 30 Mbps to Optus' nbn of <2 Mbps.

Fordguy

Fordguy (not a moderator) sorry to hear this, PM me with your details and I will give the same garbled crap I have given every other customer on this waste of time Forum , get straight onto the Ombudsman, its time to stop being ripped off,  Optus keep selling a product that they can't provide,

Aman_B

Hi @Pixo, really sorry for the issues you've had with your NBN speeds. Could you please confirm if the slow speeds are slow just during specific times or throughout?  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Pixo

It was good as soon as I was connected on the 8th for the first time.

From the next day onwards, it seems to peak before 8AM, be consistently slow throughout the day and worst during evening/night. Refer below.

Capture2.JPG

Great if you could help.

Thanks.

Hannah-L

Hmmm, it's strange that your speed is fairly low in the mornings as well, @Pixo. Can you please send me a PM with your full name, DOB and account number so that we can take a look at the connection?

Pixo

PM'd

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
14 Kudos
13 Kudos