Searching...

Re: Constant Slow NBN Speeds

[ Edited ]
naik_michel

SO Slow

Fordguy

Yes I seem to have the same problem but switch to phone or work IP to get through. Have you contacted TIO ?

[ Edited ]
naik_michel

Miles_R

Hey there, @AdamDabin, @naik_michel and @Fordguy. Really sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with the NBN connection. More than happy to look into each individual case. Could you please PM us with your account details so that we can investigate this further for you all?

Highlighted

naik_michel

Is this the slowest NBN in the southern hemisphere? here's my data on 100Mbps/40Mbps  from the slow Optus NBN line:

(They will try to find all the excuses they can on the phone (Case management) and on this forum with tech support....Repport your results to TIO Obusdman) they will get fined $10,000 per case...

But 2-5 Mbps on 100 Mbps download speed is not acceptable doesn't matter their excuses!!

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 8.33.46 pm.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 8.33.37 pm.jpg

Want more proof ? Look here on my SLOW Optus NBN 100Mbps/40Mbps plan in Sydney: 

http://beta.speedtest.net/results?sh=0d7d110f28ec9567d071fc6263b8dc2c

Can't get any worst in Sydney City ! Post your speeds cos they are slacking !

Thedonsway

I am having the same issue. Started out at 95/38 and dropped down recently. Not sure if they can shape like they did with ADSL but thats what it seems like. Even on full speed by the speedtest.net page, 3rd computer connected cant check emails properly, pages take forever to load. Phone use is out of the question. My theory is, the Government have forced this on us so it will be pathetic, not matter which Government.

Dan_C

Hey @Thedonsway, I can confirm that we're definitely not shaping or manipulating speeds in any way from our end. At the beginning of my NBN experience my service was capable of achieving speeds of roughly what you've mentioned above. We were one of the first in our neighbourhood to connect to HFC-NBN. As more and more customers came on-board, we did see a drop in our maximum attainable speed. We purchase a set amount of capacity in the form of CVC’s.

This is based on a realistic forecast of how many customers we believe Optus will connect in an area.

Have you had a chat with our fault team to determine if there's issue other than network capacity on your end? You can always reach us 24/7 on → 131344. We also have a live chat service that runs around the clock → http://yesopt.us/chat2us. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Thedonsway

Thats good to know about the shaping Dan. My NBN droped speed overnight by 30Mbps and has stayed down, thats not congestion, not overnight. Thats crappy internet. Also does congestionexplain why the landline is now useless on voip with 3 computers online? It was perfect before Voip rubbish. We should not be forced to only 1 type of home internet, that this useless Government force on us so they can rip us off even more than they already do. If I sound annoyed, its because I am.

Toomey

@Thedonsway Hmm definitely something you should raise with the faults team. If they open an investigation and can't provide an ETR, you can discuss other options moving forward. My apologies for the run around caused by all of this. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos